Tuesday 12 July 2011

Blank Dvd - spindle, blank dvds


TDK makes a very reliable blank DVD-R that can handle up to 4.7 GB of data including up to 120 minutes of video with or without sound. Moreover, these blank DVD-Rs are capable of recording data at speeds up to 16x. These are very useful blank discs to record video. Great!



The DVD-R discs are compact and easy to store and easy to copy to another blank DVD-R if you need to do that. While the discs are still blank, store them in the circular case on the spindle that they came in. After your burn data onto them, I would recommend storing them in slim jewel cases instead of paper sleeves. It's just better protection for your DVD-Rs that have data stored on them. Don't store these discs, burnt or blank, in rooms that become very hot; this causes damage to any brand of this type of disc and you could lose data over time.



There are two caveats about any brand of this product: when you burn the data onto the blank DVD-R, don't be surprised if you see that the data is burning at a rate slower than 16x. This can happen if your burner doesn't have the capacity to burn faster, or it may be a quirk. I am not a professional so I cannot be certain of precisely what causes this phenomenon; but I assure you that the extra minute or two (tops) that you wait to get your DVD-R completed is worth the wait. In addition, DON'T write on these using Sharpie ink pens. The ink can seep through the top coating of the DVD-R disc and slowly but surely compromise your data--and you wouldn't want that, now would you? If you need to label the discs, label its' jewel case using a post-it note.



Overall, TDK blank DVD-R discs store data reliably over long periods of time. I believe that an extra minute to burn the data onto the blank disc is well worth it in the event that it doesn't actually burn at 16x. TDK 16X DVD-R 50 Pack Spindle

For general purpose everyday burning I like the TDK's. Probably not any better or worse than other major brands like Maxell and Fuji, but I like to stick to one or two brands to keep my collection consistent. For very special movies and music, I use Mitsui silver dvd's and gold CD-r's. These are reputed to be the best on the market. The have a 100-300 year archival lifespan. Kinda rediculous when you can burn a new copy of any disc if you're worried about losing information. Anyway TDK"s are great!!

While I'm not an expert on writable media, I've certainly used a lot of it over the past 10 years or so. In the past, particularly in my college days, I bought as much as i could while spending as little as possible. Over the years, i have found this to be a short-sighted strategy for backing up my important files. Many brands are not very reliable over long periods of time. I've also moved many times and my disks have suffered some abuse int he process.



In my more mature years, i decided to stop wasting money on cheap disks that often resulted in burn errors and easily scratched disks and find a brand to which I could be loyal. So far, TDK has been my brand. I have been through 3 spools of 50-dvd for this DVD-r type in the past year and have gotten great results with these disks. These disks seemed to have more substance (i.e, weight / thickness) to them than some of the flimsier generic brands often found online. The price is fairly comparable to many of the other brands of the same quantity and seems to yield more consistantly successful burning and more durable results.

For how little this spindle costs, I'm both surprised and delighted to report every single disc was written successfully. Used in an LG DVD burner and a Panasonic ES15 DVD Player/Recorder, there was no problem writing, reading, or closing any of the discs. Unless you specifically need +R for adjusting the book type field, this is a great value.

I used the whole spindle of 50 and I am back for more. These dvd-r dics performed perfectly without a single bad burn! I have never used a whole spindle of discs without at least one bad disc(often times there were many bad discs with other more expensive brands). So I give this product my full endorsement, for whatever it is worth. I hope this wasn't a fluke but we will see as I am placing another order.

Order this spindle and you will be getting a great value.

I have used Sony discs for for quite a while and saw these TDK discs on offer, so I thought I would try them. Out of 50 discs, 16 failed. I went back to the Sony ones and 1 disc has failed out of 15. I wanted to contact TDK about this, but they make it extremely difficult to make a complaint. I see other people had better luck, but this was my experience.

I barely find a coaster on the TDK DVD-R's. It is as par as with the Maxells, Sony's, Verbatims and RiDatas that I have used before. I am just trying to stay away from unknown brands that is kind of a hit or miss. The thing with DVD's or CD's is that when you find a bad one, it seems to be bunched into the same stack as they were manufactured at the same place and at the same time. My recommendation is not to burn DVDs or CDs using the maximum speed, the chance of a bad burn tend to be much much less if you use the next slower speed indicated on the media. Same as filling up the data capacity, 4200mb seems to work best for me as filling up the DVD to the edge may become problematic. - Spindle - Dvd - Blank Dvd - Blank Dvds'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information