Friday 6 May 2011

Wall Charger - adapter, evo


I needed a replacement for the original charger (which i lost) that came with my phone. I couldnt find it on Sprint's website or HTC's website. Sprint wanted $25+ for 3rd party universal chargers. I found this charger and didnt hesitate. It came exactly as described and actually included the USB cable (though this may have been a mistake, they clearly say it doesnt). Its identical to the original charger, couldnt be happier. Travel Charger U250, Black, for HTC Thunderbolt

If you own an HTC Incredible phone (and I expect any similar model), your phone package when you first buy it will include a micro USB cable and an adapter as phone in the photo (HTC U250).



IF you're like me and you want a backup charging unit at work, you will need a (1) any generic micro USB cable and (2) this particular sort of OEM adapter.



As I've had to find out by trial and error (I'm not entirely sure why, probably has to do with voltage), it's highly recommended you grab this adapter.



I tried ordering a $1.00 off of Ebay previously and also as a 3-and-1 generic iPod charging set from Fry's. While both adapters would let me charge my phone, none of these would allow me to use the phone while it is plugged into the usb/charging adapter combination.



Looking at the generic adapter, it says input: 110-220V, output: 5V squiggly 700mA. Whereas the HTC adapter says input: 100-240V and output: 5V squiggly 1.0 A. Squiggly is a symbol with a solid dash and then a dotted dash below it that represents the direct current symbol, according to my guess + wikipedia.



*sighs* I need to study up on electronics as some point. But anyhow, this adapter works 100%! If you're in a hurry, you may be able to find a cheaper substitute.

First of all, when you receive this item, it will not look like it does in the picture. What I received was a generic charger for my myTouch 4g. It was rectangular in shape and did not have HTC written anywhere on the product. Second of all, it didn't charge my phone...at all. I mean it didn't even attempt to charge my phone, lol. Uhm, I would be very, very, very pissed right now, if it weren't for the seller giving me my money back, without the hassle of sending the item back. Nevertheless, I have to warn you not to buy this item. It doesn't work and you will not receive the item pictured. That is all - you have been warned.

The one I got is exactly what is pictured and for the record, it outputs: 5v @ 1 amp. This is exactly the same charger that came in the new evo 4g package. This charger is meant for the Evo 4g due to the 1 amp output rating.

Disappointed with this product and reseller. Is a USED charger with lots of scratches and swirl marks. Reseller should advertise it as such, instead, there is absolute no mention of this in the product info. Very deceptive practices and I will avoid them in the future.

I placed an order for two chargers. While they are the HTC chargers depicted, they are not new. There are tons of light swirl marks in the gloss coat, such as what a charger might look after it has been carried around in a messenger bag for a year so.

I have purchased four of these for myself and as gifts to my family and will be purchasing two more today. These adapters are compact and work for all our devices that came with a USB cord, including iPod Touch, MiFi router, EVO, Sansa MP3 players, etcetera. I carry one in my backpack because I never know when one of my devices needs to plug into an outlet.

I ordered three of these chargers. All three have be previously used. They are not in OEM packaging, and have scratches;nicks and swirl marks in the plastic. None of the chargers deliver an acceptable charging rate: from 112ma down to 22ma. The Factory charger that came with the phone delivers 374ma minimum. These chargers I believe are defective returns being sold as new.

Info/Intro



I wanted an additional USB charger for my HTC Incredible so I bought this one. It looks the same and the model# is the same as the original (TC U250) but the HTC part# is different (Orig= 79H00098-14M, replacement= 79H00095-0M). The electrical specs printed on the new one are the same as the original but the fonts are different and the layout of the info is a little different.



Good:



- Arrived quickly. Kudos to Amazon (as usual)

- Unit looks the same

- 1.0A (1000ma) output - makes for a speedy charge. Most USB charging units like this tend to put out between 500-700ma. Higher output = faster charge.



Bad:



- When charging my phone, the screen freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.





Since this is the fault of something electrical in the unit I cannot use this to charge my phone with confidence. I am concerned it may result is damage of some kind that may not be covered by my phone's warranty. Personally? I think this may be an instance of a pirated item that made it past an inspector along the way and is being sold as OEM. Either way, it is going back. - Evo - Htc - Adapter - Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wall Charger - adapter, evo htc Wall Charger - adapter, evo