Friday 6 May 2011

Scraper - razor blade


This blade is a great price and is very, very sharp. I had to use it only on my glass top stove for a few days before I could start using it on my countertops since it is so sharp. It's easy to pull the blade out and swap it's position so the sharp side is protected. Great for windows and glass top stoves. I love the convenient small size. Stanley 28-100 1-3/16-inch High Visibility Mini-Razor Blade Scraper

I've used these little scrapers everywhere -- home, garage, and office. You might not think such a small handle offers much improvement over a bare blade, but it provides significantly more control and leverage. The blade does not retract, but you can store the scraper by reversing the blade so the sharp edge is inside the handle. Or, if you're lazy like me, you can also wedge the blade between two flat surfaces such as the front & bottom of a drawer.

There's not a ton to be said about a razor holder, so I'll get to the main issues. Safety first, this thing is locked TIGHT. The razor broke when I torture tested it before the plastic did. That isn't because it was a cheap razor either.



It's incredibly easy to change the razor, and the grip is very natural. Any "standard" steel backed razor works here, and that's a plus as well. I got this to trim some putty and caulk, but I end up using it on wood sometimes. The grip and a fresh razor (cheap here on amazon lol) it's a very fine tool. What can I say... I really like this, and I love my screw and hex sets from stanley as well. They have a really good form/function balence that makes them a great purchase.

The durability is gone from this scraper, I and three friends have used this in the past for small tight areas and was great (many yrs). The plastic notch in the middle that holds the blade doesn't for long, sliding sideways creating a hazard we all agree. The shape and color are still the same, perfect.

Stanley might fix the problem, but people will use it because the other scrapers in use are not better. Price is not the factor value is.

Searching for a replacement, no luck yet.

This item was bought to remove a park district sticker that had been on my car's windshield for 4 years. My first attempt was to manually remove the sticker but that ended up just peeling off the corners. Second attempt was to use WD-40 but that didn't help. I probably spent 15-20 minutes with the less than effective procedures aforementioned. With this little gadget, the process took 20 seconds tops. Definitely worth the couple of dollars and I would strongly recommended this product for safely handling safety razor blades and sticker removals. - Razor Blade'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Scraper - razor blade razor blade Scraper - razor blade