Friday 6 May 2011

Laser Copy Paper - paper, laser copy paper


I've tried just about every brand out there and This is hands down the best Laser Paper. Text comes out sharp - images smooth. It reliably feeds thru Laser Printers without jams. Both sides are very white and smooth. You can't beat it for 2 sided copying or duplexing.



Don't let the weight fool you - it feels and looks like much heavier stock but will run thru any laser printer - and it's opague enuf for 2 sided printing.



This paper is REALLY designed FOR Laser printers - not just " Laser compatible" - so it withstands the heat without curling, sticking etc. - more importantly it doesn't glug up your laser printer.

All this AND Price is reasonable enuf for daily work. Hammermill Laser Print Copy/Laser Paper, 98 Brightness, 24lb, Letter Size (8.5 x 11), White, 500 Sheets (10460-4)

This is the best paper I have found. I work with and sell documents as part of my job. This is the best paper that works with laser pritners available. The paper is smooth, just the right thickness and even kinda glossy. (some kind of shimmer). The couple of dollars extra per ream is well worth it. I have no complaints. I feel it is wasted on ordinary print out from the web or a draft, I use 20# regular copy paper for that task.

I have used hammermill products in 8.5x11, 11x17 tabloid, and 13x19 art paper in my laser and inkjet printers without a problem. It gets a 5 star rating for these reasons



1 - smooth surface makes for precise printouts that dont blead ink or attract stray toner particles

2 - dust free paper does not contaminate my printers, saves wear and tear, and avoids the fuzz buildup

3 - holds alot of ink on inkjet systems without ripple

4 - comes in a celophane wrapper to further reduce dust emission

5 - edges are cut exactly square and printers which measure the paper (e.g. HP designjet 3200ps) show that the cheaper papers are just a tad oversize by .02 " (e.g. 8.5 x 11 measures by the printer to be 8.52 x 11.02 inches)

so basically they are not going cheap and miscutting their paper which prevents errors on printers that measure squareness of the sheets

6 - waterproofness - while partially a property of the ink, used with pigment inks or laser toner they don't blead color or curl

7 - 24 lb instead of the typical 20 with a polished smooth surface gives reports a quality look and feel, and the 98 brightness is not blinding bright but elegant bright.

8 - seldom if ever do I have a feed problem, while 20lb papers sometimes fanfold up during feed due to lightweight paper. This is true of all 24lb papers, but hammermill just makes a good one that is universally available.



Best deal is here on amazon they are $3.74 less than the office supply store, no tax, and shipped in 2 days with amazon prime to my door saving gas to drive and buy the exact same paper. I highly recommend it for all your printing needs.

I used this paper to print my dissertation; the University had minimum quality qualifications, which this paper met. Both quality and price met my needs, so I ordered it. Even the person whose job it is to check dissertations for binding at the University commented about the quality of the paper and was obviously surprised at the low cost (and he had reviewed a lot of papers that week, trust me). If you have an important print job and want good quality, bright paper at a budget-friendly price, I highly recommend this paper.

I'm very happy with this paper. I wanted something a bit heavier than the usual flimsy paper I can get locally. I send out quite a few business letters & I wanted them to look more on the professional side, this paper definately takes care of that. Not as heavy as card stock, it's just right if you don't want your printed items looking cheap.



Jeanne

[...]

This Hammermill paper is very special because it has a brightness and it's sturdy stock. You'd think this paper should be used for only documents that are going out, but the price is so fair that I use it for internal documents and for everyday use. It is far less likely to get in a laser printer than other stocks, even when the printer is running hot. You can use it for proposals where color is used and quality is necessary. This paper at this price is a fair deal.

This paper conveys quality without seeming too heavy or wasteful.



The silky smooth finish (not glossy) is the best part. It's a little heavier than economy 20 lb paper.



Works nicely in ink jet printers too.



I always have a few reams on hand to use when quality paper matters.



Don't confuse this with "HammerMill® Ultra Premium Laser Paper" which is inexplicably a step down in brightness and smoothness from this paper.

I make hand-bound books. LARGE, EXPENSIVE, CUSTOM-MADE, hand-bound books that take a *very* long time to bind. The principal expense of which (in terms of material) is always the paper. Unless I get a commission that specifically requests a different paper, I generally use this Hammermill acid-free laser print. It's a joy to write on, durable, acid-free and archival. 24# makes it ideal for long-lasting textblocks. Basically a product without parallel for the price and availability. And, trust me, if it's good enough for my books, it's good enough for your printer. Five stars. - Paper - 11 - Laser Copy Paper - 13'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information