Tuesday 10 May 2011

Interconnects - aux cable, ipod cable


My car offers line-in audio which means I can play my iPod directly through my car speakers without the need of a scratch, static-filled fm tuner. If your car has line-in, forget wasting your money on the tuners and just get a cable like this.



The only downfall is that it doesn't charge your iPod like the fm tuners, which probably isn't news to you, but just a reminder. Cables To Go - 27411 - 6ft 3.5mm M/M Stereo Audio Cable PC-99

I used this to transfer the audio from my MP3 player / IPOD to my car's stereo. Sound quality was good but there was still some audible static. However, I have had worst cables before so this product gets an A+ for being the best thus far.

Perfect length, just plug in and go to your aux, depending on what deck you are running and bingo, bango your iPod or whatever you are using works! I ended up getting the interface adaptor for the deck I had, but never used it, because this was just as simple. Only downfall was you had to control everything from the iPod while driving. Amazon as always was fast on the shipping and with much better prices than if I went to a "big box" store.

I bought this in order to connect the headphone jack of my laptop to my audio receiver, and this works very well. I am pleased with the length, and after a few more months of use (it has been one month, no problems yet), I will be pleased enough to consider it a 5-star purchase, but from my experience the cheaper wires tend to deteriorate after some time. That said, highly recommend for the purpose.

I had some experience with the retractable version of this cable. I bought this for my wife's car so having something that retracted out of sight when not in use was handy. However, the cable stopped working after about a year or so, the constant stress at the attachment point from the retractor must have made the wires fray. This product takes up a bit more room, but there's a bin in the car to stow it, so no big deal. And it works, and should continue to do so.

I'm connecting a Garmin 760w to the audio aux input of a Odyssey stereo - works fine!

I go through these particular cables often because I have a special port in my suv especially for a male to male stereo cable so I can play my ipod using the head phone jack. So this cord was a little long for my needs but so far is holding up. The sound quality is unaffected (a good thing). My only problem with these things is I think they are way too overpriced for what they are. Shipping was fast though. - Cables - Ipod Cable - Aux Cable - Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information