Tuesday 10 May 2011

In The Mediterranean - hand tools, bosch


Bought this item to cut Hardboard and tile on my bathroom remodel. It arrived quickly and was out of the box and cutting in short order. It was easy to setup and use. Sight through the guide was no problem. I could follow the cut in progress O.K. Changing bits is fast and easy although I did have to use the supplied wrench to tighten the bit, hand collet was not always tight enough, no problem. I felt the power on this unit was more then required for the job. It never slowed even in the tile, which it cut like butter---really! It took the work out of work for me. Good price and I didn't need a box to keep it in so why pay for one. It was as advertised. Factory-Reconditioned RotoZip RZ01-1100-RT Spiral Saw with 3 Bits

I've got an older house where some of the walls are thinner or more brittle than I'd like. I had been using a jabsaw to cut out openings for receptacles and wall jacks, and more than a couple of times, the impact of the jabsaw would crack the wall elsewhere. With the Rotozip, I'm able to quickly cut out the shape I need in a fraction of the time.



My only grips is that this thing is seriously strong. You've got to seriously watch yourself when cutting or else you'll end up making abstract art out of your wall.

Powerful tool. Great price. Need it for grout and old-caulk removal at my workplace. My craftsman five amp rotary died after light use just past the warranty period. I am trusting this to exhibit more longevity and inner fortitude as we walk the lonely road of caulk removal.

My husband got this for christmas WARNING: It comes in a labeled box with rotozip printed all over it. My husband loves it. It was refurbished, but you can't tell, it seems brand new. He is already shopping for more attachments. He hasn't built anything yet but has tried it on several different materials and it works just like advertised. Great addition to his power tools.

MY ROTOZIP LOOKED BRAND NEW EVEN THOUGH ADVERTISED AS "RECONDITIONED." IT WORKS PERFECTLY. NEGATIVE IS THAT IT CREATS A TON OF DUST WHEN CUTTING SHEETROCK. GOOD FOR PRECISION CUTS; FOR GENERAL CUTTING, A SHEETROCK SAW OR RAZORKNIFE IS BETTER!

I bought this full price many years ago. I always found it reliable and powerful enough to get the job done. Cutting tile is messy but it cuts tile easily to fit the tile in an odd angle.



The only complaint I have is the instruction manual included with the purchase of items (right angle saw in particular) needs to be expanded. As a woman, I love learning new things but the manual is lacking. Customer support is very nice, however.

This product worked well and and is durable.It was dropped a couple of time in the beginning trying to get your hand into the strap. We have since removed the strap and have used it on may jobs. The cost of the unit is outstanding.

Pretty happy with this. It takes some getting used to; would be nice to have a variable speed setting for those cuts you're not totally confident about. The button that locks the spindle for bit changing fell out, so I have to keep it with my tools to put back in when I need to change the bit. The guide vibrates itself loose too; have to get in the habit of tightening the lock nut after every so many cuts. Overall, it does its job. The price was right and I have had no problems with any reconditioned tools I've bought through Amazon (porter cable framing nailer, bostitch finish nailers + compressor and this). It makes a ton of dust so be prepared.

RotoZip bits are available to cut plaster, cement board and ceramic tile among other applications-----don't believe it. My house is 55 years old with walls of lathboard and plaster. I was looking forward to cutting some nice neat lines with the TC1 bit. The tool is hopelessly underpowered for this application, it balks and overheats. The TC1 bit that wouldn't cut plaster snapped when I tried to cut 1/2 inch cement board. I resorted to my angle grinder for both tasks. The only use I found for this tool was cutting receptacle openings in 1/2 inch drywall, a job I can acomplish quicker and neater with a handsaw. Disappointing to say the least. - Hand Tools - Tools - Bosch - Reconditioned Tools'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


In The Mediterranean - hand tools, bosch tools In The Mediterranean - hand tools, bosch