Tuesday 10 May 2011

Cycling


The original tires that came with my bicycle were size 26x2.10 After searching local stores like Walmart, K-Mart, and Target I found they did not carry this size instead they offered other sizes that would work. There is nothing like purchasing tires that meet the maunfacturers specifications. They ride better, they have a different height when riding,and they fit the rim better. I have had the Kenda tires for about a month now and they have exceeded my expectations. They have an aggressive tread which is perfect for a mountain bicycle and also ride smoothly on pavement. I would definitely purchase another set when needed. Kenda K816 Aggressive MTB Wire Bead Bicycle Tire, Blackskin, 26-Inch x 2.10-Inch

I have only taken a few trips on my bike since I installed the tire, but I have to say it really rides well and does a great job gripping the road. I am a novice mountain bike rider, who does mostly pavement riding with some dirt trails. I used the prior Amazon rewiers posted for this product to make my choice, and I have been very happy with this tire. FYI that you need to install the tire with the threads facing in a certain direction. there is an arrow on the sidewall to help illustrate this. I didn't realize this until after I put the tire back on.

My original Specialized tires were 26x2.0 on the front and 26x2.3 on the back. My bike is a 17" 2010 Rockhopper Comp an I am using these tires for both wheels and they fit perfect. I just got them today and only did about 20 miles mainly single track soft sandy dirt in Bend, Oregon and so far I am quite pleased. I will post again at around 500 miles which won't take long as I only ride everywhere!

I ordered this tire to replace the rear tire on my diamondback mountain bike that was a stock Kenda. It's definitely a rear tire with thick treads, I wouldn't put it as a front wheel unless you were riding down mount everest. I use it on asphalt, drainage ditches, wet grass, and wooded areas and it seems to work fine. The only reason I took a star off was because it doesn't look like an expensive tire, the treads are pretty heavy duty, but the base rubber has no texture or additional middle tread found on some tires, but for $15.50 after shipping it's still a good buy for the price and it's still a Kenda.

An ex-cyclocross racer and once rider of many many miles on the logging roads in upstate SC and Western NC, I'm pretty picky about my tires. I've ridden twice, now, at the Cheraw (SC) State Park Bike Trail which is a 7 mile single track loop of sand, pine needles, tree roots, some long grades, some short steep ups and downs. I've ridden it a bit on paved roads linking different dirts roads on rides in the Chesterfield and Cheraw SC, and Morven NC area. Does fine for short stretches on road. I'm a light rider 145-150 and I ride this tire maxed out at 65psi. This is a great tire.

Pretty good tires for the price.

I really like them especially for dusty,wet,muddy steep climbs. They also work pretty good for me in the fall when theres leaves everywhere. They don't look like 2.10s. They look more like 1.95s

This product has greatly exceeded my expectations. The product picture does not do it justice. The tread is very solid and grips like no tomorrow both on the road and in the dirt. With this tire I have been able to corner at high speeds very low to the ground (pedals might have even licked the concrete). Haven't tried it extensively in the rain because eating it wouldn't have been very fun. I would definitely buy another one should my front tire sidewall blow out like the last one (from old age and wear and tear). Overall, this is the best money I have spent on a tire that is cheap and does its job splendidly. GET IT!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cycling Cycling Cycling