Tuesday 10 May 2011

Howard - noise canceling, earmuffs


These earmuffs are for other purposes, but I used them in my old band. When I put these on, sound was reduced so well. I had my half stack amplifier cranked up to about 7, and it only sounded like it was on 3. I was very pleased with the product, I could hear the drummer more clearly (high pitch frequencies were cut from his cymbals). Once again, I know these are to be used for other purposes but this just seemed like a good idea, and I am quite pleased with them. Howard Leight R-01523 Leightning L0F Ultra Lightweight NRR 23 Compact Folding Earmuff

For the price nothing beats the Howard Leight products for hearing protection. I also bought a pair of the electronic Earmuffs. Again this works very well at a small enclosed range, definitely works! We shot everything while there: .22, 9mm luger, .40, 357 mag, 38 special, .45. Everything was real quite. Very comfortable after shooting for 3 hours.

For not being electronic noise-reducing earmuffs, these work very well. The compact form when not in use easily fits just about anywhere in my range bag, or in a coat pocket. Many large earmuffs may restrict your cheek weld placement but these are also compact on your head. I've had friends want to swap earmuffs when shooting certain rifles because their own are too large and get in the way. I've purchased one of these for myself, and another as a gift based on my experiences with it.

Simply amazing earmuffs. Protect pretty well against noise. I use it for tons of things, but primarily to listen music and when I play with my band (the drums can get VERY noisy, probably around the 90 dB range). To listen music you might ask? Well I followed Kipkay's advice (google it) and fused the earmuffs with the Panasonic RP-HT21 Lightweight Headphones with XBS Port and got some extremely high quality headphones! Don't hesitate, the build and quality are excellent, worth every dollar.

I bought these as a thinner, softer and more elegant replacement for the bigger and bulkier L2F model after being disappointed and annoyed over how strongly the L2F pressed on my temples when I had them on. They have a much lighter "squeeze" and sits a lot more comfortably than the L2F - in fact, there's no discomfort at all to mention, they sit just perfect. I use them for target practicing, and they are more than enough capable of dampening the sound of the .22lr ammunition I use for precision shooting. I have not had a chance to test how well they dampen the sound of 9mm ammunition, but I would be surprised if they didn't do a good enough job for that as well. - Earmuffs - College Students - Ear Protection - Noise Canceling'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information