Tuesday 17 May 2011

Dvi To Vga


The photograph shows a splitter with a full DVI pin count. The actual item is NOT what is shown in the photo!! The cable has only enough DVI pins to support a single monitor display, and it simply splits that signal to a second monitor. So, this cable is just intended to show the same computer image on two displays and nothing more. You cannot use it for a dual monitor desktop setup. This item's picture fooled myself and my friend on two different occasions. I just hope I saved somebody a hassle. Tripp Lite DVI (M)To VGA (2) Splitter Adapter - 1ft

I just needed a splitter so I could hook up my 19" LCD Tv to my computer so I could watch Hulu and other online stuff while using my elliptical. I only hooked up a 6' VGA, so maybe you might see some signal degredation if you use a longer cable.



Two notes though...my monitors wouldn't display correctly until I updated my graphics card drivers (I have an 8600 GT powering two LCD monitors...then splitting off one to go to the TV).



Also, the main screen is blurry if the cable is not connected at both ends.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information