Tuesday 17 May 2011

Diamond Blades


First, let me say that I put this on my table saw and it cut beautifully. I took it slow and could do great precision cuts with my professional saw and not have to get a standalone tile cutter but...



Cutting dry is very very VERY dangerous. This kicked up so much stone dust, like I've never seen before. I couldn't see in the garage after just a few minutes and I was totally covered head to toe with dust. This dust is impossible not to inhale because it gets on clothes, in the air, everywhere. Let's just say I had a very tough week after cutting for only 30 minutes.



If you can use this outside, be very careful, and always wear a mask then this is a very nice blade. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and get a dinky $70 wet tile cutter. It will have nowhere near the power or versatility or precision of putting this dry blade on a professional table saw, but the danger of the dust this kicks up is just not worth it. BUYER BEWARE! Norton 2784 10-Inch Dry or Wet Cutting Continuous Rim Diamond Saw Blade with 5/8-Inch Arbor for Tile Diamond Saw Blade with 5/8-Inch Arbor for Tile'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Diamond Blades Diamond Blades Diamond Blades