Friday 22 April 2011

Wiring Kits - wiring kits, wiring


I ordered this kit based on other reviews. I received the kit promptly and in proper packaging. The kit looks nice and it would work fine on a smaller amp. The kit is supposed to have 4ga. power wire, it's around 6ga., it's suppose to have 12 speaker wire, it's closer to 18ga., the remote wire is supposed to be 16ga., it's closer to 20ga.. I spent money on this kit and it is a rip-off in my case where I need the wire it was supposed to have. Now, I have to order more wire to make up for the deficiencies in this kit. I have worked in Electronics/Electrical field for over 30 years so I know my wires. The Chinese are stealing us blind with their inferior products. Legacy LAMP4 1600 Watt 4 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit

I didnt order this exact model. I ordered the 8g kit but received the same results. The wires look to be the right gauge according to insulation but once stripped the wires are much MUCH smaller. My "8g" looked to be about 14 and does not provide nearly enough power for my 1000 watt amp. After about volume 15 my amp starts to sound very bad.



Also, on my RCA cables only one side worked.



So if i were looking for an amp kit i would most certainly avoid Legacy.

This product falsely advertises that it contains a 4 gauge wire for power and ground. I bought a kit from local store to compare and discovered that even with the extra insulation padding it, the LAMP4 was still smaller. So when you strip away the insulation the difference is dramatic. The rest of the kit is acceptable, but if you came here looking for an actual 4 gauge kit look elsewhere.

the power wire is about 6 gauge and the speaker wire about 18 ga but for $20 it still cant be beat considering a 8 ga is $50 at best buy its still a good deal all lil false advertising i have a 20 foot run pushing 1000 watts at 60 amps with no problems and the kit includes everything you need unlike most kits so i say its a good deal

Good price & good product. This amplifier installation kit came with every wire I needed to install my amp & subs. My only complaint is that the RCA cable was advertised as a 90 degree a cable, but the cable had straight plugs not 90's. Fortunately I had enough room behind my head unit to use it. The "4-gauge" power & ground cables really were 4-guage. My equipment works perfectly with this kit.

If you do your research you will find out that this is not truly 4 gauge wire, but if you have a amp that doesn't require extreme amounts of power this kit will do the trick. Lets be honest if you spent enough money on a amp that actually requires 4 gauge wire you would not be trying to go with a cheap option for your wiring kit. I only give four stars because they try to mislead the naive... My amp and sub do more than I expected with their power being run by this kit.

Installed in a 1998 Explorer, ran from the front all the way to the back underneath the vehicle. Box came with everything needed for a nice install, I ran additional protective wire covering for saftey, but the kit does come with a small amount. For the price you will not find anything comparible... I have installed alot of radios through the years and this is by far the best for the price I have ever found. Only complaint is the wires they provide to go from your amplifier to the subs are small in my opinion, I ended up using my old ones that are alot larger.

The product arrived in excelent conditions, you cant expect wires that are at a very low price as a kit like this to be like 50 dollar wires, but they work fine for the price they are set and their customer support answers any questions, or claims fast in a proffetional manner, happy with the purchase and for its price i paid. i reccomend them to any one any day :)

I bought this kit because the specs on it seemed great, and the price was unbelievable. Well that's just the problem right there, its unbelievable how cheap the entire thing is. The RCA Cables snapped, and the wire in the remote wire kept breaking off inside the plastic casing. The coating around the power and ground cables were ridiculous, and the power cable...its the cheapest copper wiring I have ever seen. It flakes off and over heats. Ground wire isn't any better. Overall I have had to replace every single part of this kit, less than a month after installing it all. Has wound up costing me a fortune, not worth the bit of money you might save, because you will wind having to replace it all anyways. Biggest piece of junk you can get. - Automotive - Wiring Kits - Amp Kit - Wiring'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information