Friday 22 April 2011

Electric Steam Cleaner - recommend, handheld steam cleaner


I just purchased a previously owned townhome and needed to really clean the entire kitchen. I used an industrial grease remover and was unable to remove all the grime (YUK!!!). I had seen this product advertised and was skeptical; however, I was pleasantly surprised. The SteamFast SF-226 Handheld Steam Cleaner did an exceptional job. Following the use of the steamer, I was able to wipe down all surfaces in the kitchen. It worked great on the grout, stove-top, kitchen tile, floor tile, refrigerator, and woodwork. I highly recommend this little work horse! SteamFast SF-226 Handheld Steam Cleaner

Not much to say... it's a low end, handheld steam cleaner -- meaning it can't compete in any way with professional models at twice the price. For the most past, it gets the job done. Set up took all of 5 minutes -- fill with water, attach a nozzle, wait for the light to signal it's ready, and steam away!



Most people will probably use the main nozzle (as pictured) and attack the usual areas -- bathroom, kitchen, and every other nook + cranny you can think of. It did a good job on all those areas.



It's light enough to carry around for a while, and the long power cord allowed for good flexibility. It removed most of the burnt-on grease inside the oven (though it took a few cycles).



As to be expected with a basic model, it doesn't take long to lose its' steam power, and it needs refilling rather quickly (so don't pump for steam if you don't need to). Also, depending on the angle being applied, it leaked more water than steam action to some surfaces. Additionally, I wish the main nozzle was longer, as I found myself unable to reach certain areas.



To sum up, it's fine for most basic household uses - but don't expect maximum power from a model like this. I found myself wanting to upgrade.

This is a great product at a great price. This is my second one, because they don't last forever. But four years for one of these isn't a bad life-time, considering the price. There are some things it DOESN'T do - like soap scum on the shower door. But I use it for cleaning the grill, the oven and the stove-top. The steam really does melt the grease like in the infomercial. While it doesn't really work on soap scum, it does a great job on mirrors. Next time I'll spend the extra money and get the one with the extension hose, because without it you can't get to the bottom of the mirror (the squeege attaches right to the tank, which gets in the way). About the time I run out of steam, my arm is tired and the break to let the unit cool so I can refill it works out nicely for me. With common sense (don't force parts together, empty the tank before storing, etc.), the unit should last. The one thing I would change would be to add the ability to purchase nozzles and brushes seperatly. Those are the things that get lost/wear out, etc.

it loosens dirt and grime,,,then you have to wipe it away...

i say this because some people may think you steam it off,,and that when done the area is cleaned,,it isn't. it lessens the elbow-grease you have to put in.it IS worth the money, you don't have to work as hard, but you still have to wipe up the residue....so much for cleaning unreachable places,,,for that you need to use an attachment with a fabric cover, which they do give you, but it's teeny, tiny...you need about fifty to complete a dirty job... all in all, i recommend,,but prepare to get creative... it's a good and helpful little product!

This steamer/cleaner works well. Don't tilt the cleaner while using it or it'll drip. I use it to clean my bath, kitchen (especially inside the garbage disposal)..basically everything inside and outside my home that is waterproof. It leaves a fresh, clean scent w/o chemicals. Lastly, the customer service is wonderful. When I called to tell them that the cleaner they sent looked used (scratches and watermarks), they immediately sent out another one.

This item does provide steam, however it is not hot enough to get rid of simple soap scum and mildew. Pain in the butt process: Fill with small amount of water, wait three minutes for it to heat up, use for 1-3 minutes before item runs out of water, wait five minutes for item to cool down before opening the pressure chamber to refill... repeat. Total waste of time.

I have just wasted $34. This item doesn't work. I was so excited and was glad when the steam cleaner arrived. I read instructions and went to work. Well tried to work. Yes it shot out steam but that's all. It doesn't power away grease, dirt or grime. In fact I couldn't tell any difference after using. Please save your money -- don't believe what anyone says -- it just doesn't clean or get rid of dirt, grease or grime. I'm out $34. Going to place in back in the box and file under waste of money.

this is an awesome cleaning tool!!! It cleans everywhere!!! I would definitely recommend this to anyone!!I have used it on appliances , around the sink, on my kitchen cabinets, on the windows, on tiles...I am very very pleased with this steamer!!! - Fabric Steamer - Handheld Steam Cleaner - Steamer - Recommend'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information