Friday 22 April 2011

Green Laser - green dot, laser


This is a really good laser pointer, it has great range, and the thin beam of light is a cool effect. There are a number of pictures floating around the web of green laser pointers but almost all of them are fake or at the very least a poor representation of the actual light beam. Overall its a great laser pointer but it is a little expensive and your not getting a light saber as some of the pictures would have you believe. MiracleBeam Green Laser Pointer

I heard about green lasers a couple years ago from my Astronomy proffesor and thought it would be cool but i didnt want to spend a lot of money. I finally decided to go ahead and get this one. Overall I am satisfied and got what I was expecting.



You CAN see the beam. In dark conditions the beam is visible whihout smoke or fog. Its not an incredibly bright beam but is still very cool. So far I have only used it in light polluted areas, with street lamps, ect. When pointing at stars, people around you can easily see what you are point at. In my garage, where smoking takes place, the beam is very visible even with the lights on. My cat was trying to bat at the beam like it was string. Eventually I would like to buy a green laser with an output of more than 5mw. For now this will do just fine.

-----This does not come in the black teak. Mine shipped in the white/silver cardboard teak.

-----Dont be stupid and point this at planes, moving cars, ect...

I really like this pointer. At night, you can see a thin, green beam through the sky. You can also see its reflection off clouds! However, I would be careful with this: you could get in trouble if you hit someone's car with it, or shine it in someone's house. It really is very bright!

The green laser does show up as a shaft of light in the sky. I wanted it for a pointer to help kids see the stars I'm pointing at when working with astronomy. It isn't as bright as I might like but it is certainly visable. The darker the night skys the better. I've only used it a few times but it is working well for now.

I ordered this laser mainly for star parties and because I had heard that green lasers were so much brighter than red ones, it's VERY true! This laser puts all my other pointers to shame. The dot is clearly visible in bright sunlight on buildings as far as a mile away and the beam is very visible in the night sky. True, it's not as bright as commercial laser light shows but it certainly fills my needs. Very Satisfied!

Before I say anything else, let me say that this is not for kids. I would not recommend to anybody that they let a kid handle one of these, unless under strict supervision.

When I got this, I was unhappy to see that the beam is invisible in the day and the dot is not very visible. It made up for itself for what it could do at night, however. I shined it in my backyard and the beam was VERY bright and very visible. It was bright enough that I could point to stars with ease. I also noticed that it basically lights up an entire dark room when you shine it in one. The truth is, if you want a green laser in which you can see the beam in the daylight, you would probably have to buy a very expensive, powerful, and dangerous one.

Overall I think this is a fantastic product. It appears to be very well made and is extremely fun to use. Yet again, it is VERY BRIGHT and if it gets in your eyes it will hurt (though probably no permanent damage). If you are a lover of cool little gadgets like me, you will probably like this.

I used to buy those cheap $[...] red laser pointers at gun shows and flea markets, just to have some fun, but the batteries didn't last long enough and the beam wasn't bright at all, not to mention that it made more of an oval dot than round. I bought this one thinking that it would be really cool because it was green. I thought the high price tag was pushing it just for a little green dot, but it is much more than I thought it would be. The beam is clearly visible in the dark and you can even see the dot on the blackest street in the middle of a sunny day. The range is incredible and makes street signs reflect hreen shimmers! I love it! A much better buy than those crappy red ones, and the AAA batteries are easy to replace and last much longer!

I was given this as a gift in March -- walked outside at night to test the brightness pointing at a star-- it looked great. Didn't use it until a star party (June 26) where I was one of the hosts --- it didn't work AT ALL. I put in brand new batteries --- nothing. Came home, tried it again with the old (UNUSED) batteries, the laser light worked for 2-3 seconds and then nothing. As soon as my friend finds her receipt -- it's going back. I was completely embarassed to have my astronomy buddies prove me wrong when they kept telling me that a cheap laser light is worthless. If I had listened, I would not be here with egg on my face. - Green Dot - Laser - Laser Pointer - Green Laser Pointer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information