Friday 22 April 2011

Household Supplies - alkaline batteries, value pack


I play in a band, and my guitars use 9v batteries for the pre-amps. I have found these to last longer than the coppertops I purchase at the local big box store. I realize this statement conflicts with others I have read, however, that is my take on it. I have been purchasing these for 2 years and have never been disappointed. DURACELL 9 Volt PROCELL Professional Alkaline Battery, Pack of 12

I bought a box of these for our hand-held mics at our church. They're of average quality and lifespan, not nearly as good as the Duracells we've used in the past, although their a fair amount better than the 'budget' batteries from the likes of The Shack (formerly known as Radio Shack). The price seems good, but only some true scientific method of testing battery life vs. cost would reveal if you're actually saving any money. If you've got a fifth grader who needs a science project, that might be worth it. I'll probably be going back to Duracell batteries when this package runs out.

I agree with jetpower. These seem like a killer deal, but the performance is terrible.



About 3 years ago, I bought two packs of 12, one to keep around the house for smoke detectors and other devices, and a pack to use at church in our wireless microphones.



They were okay for the wireless microphones, because forgetting to turn off the mics didn't really test the longevity of them. I'd probably buy them again for that reason + the low price.



But for home use, they just didn't last. Smoke detectors lasted about 4 months before chirping when the batteries were newer. After two years at home (shelf life dated 2011), the remaining batteries were dead. They come with plastic caps attached, so I know they didn't short out and discharge themselves.



Keep in mind, this was quite some time back. Have they improved? Not likely, but possible.



I have a Duracell Ultra in my bedroom smoke detector, it's been in there for about two years and is still running strong. But these ProCells, and my poor experience with AA rechargables from Duracell, have seriously weakened my resolve to buy their brand in the future.



I hope my experience is useful in your decision making process.

I've been using Duracell Procells (sizes AAA, AA, C, and 9V) in pretty much every small, battery powered device I own for about a year now. In that time, I've noticed absolutely no difference between them and standard Duracell Coppertops or Energizers. Wii controllers, LED flashlights, Maglights, wireless mice, digital cameras, etc... there's been no change in the battery life of any of them. In my opinion, they're just as good in every way and an absolute steal for the price.

Contrary to purported performance claims, my experience with these batteries has significantly worsened my opinion of Duracell's products. Decades of experience with Everready Energizers - and with other Duracell products (e.g., Coppertops) - show ProCell products to be markedly inferior in performance. Regardless of how long their shelf life may be, they simply haven't performed up to par, much less equally to other Alkaline batteries.



This has just been my experience - over daily use, over many months, with set after set of ProCell AA batteries. Take it for what its' worth.

We purchased these batteries for the wireless mic at church, but so far the performance is not a good as a copper top. They work "just o.k." but we were hoping for better.

Not sure why they are calling them "professional".........

Comparing the cost and the length of use of these and the others it may work out to the same price. Not sure on this .

Will probably just stick to the copper tops!!!!!!

The scientific facts are in. DURACELL PROCELLs are the same as Copper Top models. The PROCELL line is intended for consumers that use batteries in volume, replacing batteries in weeks or a couple months. Copper Tops are for consumers, that only use them monthly or yearly. [Side Note: Rechargeables are for high drain devices, that consume batteries in hours or days.]



Since both batteries loose their charge at the same rate, it makes more sense to purchase by the volume you use. Hoarding them for years, will just leave you buying fresh anyway.



I have provided a link to data on this specific product and the copper top: [...] - Alkaline Batteries - Battery - Value Pack - Duracell'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Household Supplies - alkaline batteries, value pack battery Household Supplies - alkaline batteries, value pack