Friday 22 April 2011

Baby Monitor - 2 way radios, frs


Purchased these walkie talkies for a cross country trip. We used them to communicate between two cars on a trip lasting 4 days from Oregon to Arkansas. The batteries lasted a reasonable length of time and the sound quality was great. Did encountered other people on the channel we were using, but it was no problem to switch to another channel. Cannot comment on the maximum range since we were never more than a mile apart. This turned out to be a great buy and do recommend this product, particularly for the way we used them. Cobra microTALK CXT90 18-Mile 22-Channel FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radio (Pair) (Black)

I gave these walkie-talkies to my son for his birthday. He and I don't read instructions. Regardless, we figured out how to operate them totally in less than 10 minutes! These are small enough to hold in the hand, easily operate the calling, talk, listen, channel features. We didn't test the, I think, 20 mile limit, but at one block it was fully clear. It comes with a recharger that recharges both units at the same time. While this is great fun for my children and me, it's perfect for adults. With unlimited cell phone calling now available I'm not sure that cell phones aren't even more useful, albeit more costly. I highly recommend these walkie-talkies and I give them a solid, "A".

I don't know why these 2-way radio companies like to exaggerate the range of the units, but when they list the amount of range in miles in big numbers on the front of the box, that means under ideal conditions like in space from the top of a moon mountain to the valley below. On earth you'll be lucky to get 2 miles, but I found that perfectly adequate for my uses.



Some of the functions (and I read the manual) are hard to figure out.

I got these to use when i paintball and they are amazing they work in the snow and they are just awesome to use for car trips also and i give one to my little cousin when he walks home and i know he's safe that way

I purchased these walkie talkies, for use at Wal Mart while shopping, so I could find my wife at times, works good, also use them to carry with me when I walk the dog, and they do fine then too. I haven't used these walkie's over a mile yet and they work fine, don't really know how much distance you could get from them, but I live in a mountainous region and lots of hills, so, probably couldn't get much distance , but works fine for me.

We needed an in house walkie talkie system. The button on one of the hand-sets broke soon after we bought it, but my husband and daughter were goofing around and pressing the button continuously and quickly on the one hand set. So with regular use the other one has been fine. We worked around it by turning on VOX on the broken walkie-talkie and it works fine. The only complaint is we have to turn on VOX every time, the set does not retain that setting when off. As far as distance, it is not applicable, we have not tried it outside of the house.

I bought this for realtives who live in the same appartment complex, buildings apart. Kids love it & parents feel it's a peerfect way to keep track of their comings & goings. The range is less than a mile; the sound is good. - Baby Monitor - Frs - Walkie Talkie - 2 Way Radios'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information