Monday 4 April 2011

Patio Furniture Set


I have a small sun porch attached to my house, and I wanted a small table set, but a full size patio table set would have taken up the entire area. This was absolutely perfect for my small space! The hardware (hinges, nuts, etc) looks like it is good quality, and the wood has a nice solid feel to it (I helped my brother-in-law put together a playset from China a few weeks ago, and that wood felt about as strong as a wet paper towel).



The cushions that come with the bistro set are decent, if I had to pick one item to complain about that might be it. They could use just a little better cushioning material (I'm 5'10 and 170 pounds). My cushions were more of a solid tan, not an off-white with black trim as the picture shows. I actually like the color of my cushions better, so this wasn't an issue for me.



FYI - they recommend oiling the table and chairs for long-term durability. I used boiled linseed oil on my 2 weeks ago, and it is still slightly tacky (not unexpected given the humid weather we've had). You might want to wait until you are done with it for the season before oiling it, so that the wood can fully absorb the oil during the off-season and it is ready to use in the spring. Outdoor Interiors Eucalyptus 3 Piece Square Bistro Outdoor Furniture Set - includes cushions

We have had this set for a while now and still love it! It is the perfect size for a small space. The only maintenance is that it needs to be wiped down with teak oil once a year, which is a piece of cake.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Patio Furniture Set Patio Furniture Set Patio Furniture Set