Monday 4 April 2011

Apple Computer Accessories - blueproton, ipad 2 cover


I poured over the reviews here and on the Apple Store website before I made a decision to purchase the Smart Cover. I also researched other websites for covers and cases. This seemed to be the best of what is out there and I am glad I bought it. The magnets popped right into place, they hold firmly, the cover folds up easily to prop up my iPad2, there is no residue, no streaking nor could I find ANYTHING wrong with the Smart Cover! The cover wraps around back too, and stays there while holding it, and it protects the back of the iPad2 from whatever surface you place it on.



Don't waste you money on the anti-glare covers [Vapor Splash] either, really not necessary unless you are careless with your iPad2.



I did purchase a Hard Candy Case in the bubble white because of the rave reviews. It has not arrived yet, so I cannot tell you what it's like. But from what I read, the iPad with the Smart Cover fit nicely into it, and protects it while you travel.



Hope this helps those who are not sure about all the accessories for your iPad2 [which ROCKS by the way] Apple iPad Smart Cover - Protective cover for web tablet - polyurethane - green - Apple iPad 2

I thought the videos of it looked neat. But it is flimsy, feels cheap, and looks cheap. When you fold it like the video shows, you have to force it a bit at first and it feels like bending a piece of cardboard. Then when I got it folded in the triangle, standing it up in picture frame/webcam mode felt so precarious. It would fall over with a slight touch. When using the iPad in keyboard mode on my lap, the cover moves all around and makes it difficult to keep the iPad steady. It must be removed or held open awkwardly to use the camera. The polyurethane picks up dirt and marks easily. The inside does wipe the screen of fingerprints, but because of the sectioned design, it only wipes off where it touches, leaving smeary dirty lines across the screen. When holding it like a book, the cover flops around or falls down off the back if you are holding it up. Plus it doesn't protect the back at all when the cover is closed. I guess it is better than the original case, and the magnetics are cool, but overall it was a waste and I returned it. I am surprised to read the reviews on Apple's website in which people laud the quality and craftsmanship. I think it is like a junky piece of cardboard magnets in it. And $40 bucks is ridiculous!

I really can't stand this cover. It makes holding your iPad completely awkward and the so called stand option doesn't really work. I have had it since day one of the iPad 2 release and it seems to be getting flimsier and flimsier. My iPad continually slips off in both landscape and portrait mode. I am so thankful that other companies have come out with some covers. Waiting for my new one to arrive. I don recommend this cover. It was a great concept but not really functional for the avid user.

Considering the AMAZINGNESS of the iPad 2, I expected this item to be a little more than what it is: A cheap piece of fabric with a magnetic hinge. This is literally the worst money I have ever spent and DEFINITELY would not recommend this item unless you like throwing away your money.

I've really been looking forward to buying the new iPad cover. It took me a month to find one in bright blue. Seems they were sold out everywhere.



Now, I've been home for an hour and still trying to figure out how to get my iPad to sit against the folded cover so I can use it to type. The "hinge" is really not a hinge. It just looks like one, unless mine is defective. The thing is so flimsy and slides up and down. I can't imagine slipping this into my briefcase without worrying that it will fall off. Seems like I'll have to buy a cover for the iPad cover.



I can't believe all the hype over this thing. It looks cool. The videos on Apple's web site look really slick. Yet here I am trying to get the darn thing to fold up like the video so the cover will actually support the iPad. Am I having trouble with this because I am not seven years old?



I plan to return this thing tomorrow.

This cover was purchased to protect the screen of my wife's Ipad 2. It was very easy to install, it took her just under five seconds to attach and it fit perfectly. The folds on the cover are ideal for setting the angle of the Ipad 2 for typing on a flat surface. She carries her Ipad everywhere she goes and has had no scratchs on the screen because of this purchase. A++ from her, which is high praise for any item. A great deal!

The cover is kinda neat, it's got that apple feel and ingenuity to it, but has some problems. The biggest one I found is that the cover just doesn't stay closed, and doesn't stay open either. The magnets just aren't strong enough. If you hold the thing like an ebook, then you have this silly half-cover flopping down behind it. For all the hype in the media about this thing, it really doesn't deliver. I put a video up on youtube describing the problem, search for 'ipad 2 smart cover doesn't stay closed' and you'll see what I mean. - Apple Computer Accessories - Ipad 2 Cover - Blueproton - Apple'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Apple Computer Accessories - blueproton, ipad 2 cover blueproton Apple Computer Accessories - blueproton, ipad 2 cover