Sunday 3 April 2011

Gps System Accessories - automotive, vehicle mounts


I purchased this Grip-iT holder to use with my iPhone 3g. It is great built quality and installs very easily into the air vent in my car. It seems to be pretty sturdy and holds the iPhone 3g very nicely without any fear of it falling out. The bottom fold out brace bars are adjustable which is good for the iphone since you will want to move them from blocking the speakers. I am very happy with my purchase!



So here is the only negative or flaw in this design for me. Although the Grip-iT mount has a very nice adjustable rotating ball mount that allows you to turn your device from portrait to landscape and "fine tune" the angle, it is a very manual process. Other car mounts like the Kensington mounts have a rotating holder that clicks into pre set angles but is very easily done even while driving. The Grip-iT require that you make your adjustment and then lock it into place by tightening a large finger adjustable "nut" behind your device. This requires 2 hands...one to hold your device in place and the other to tighten the mount. I don't recommend doing this while driving. This flaw would really only apply to devices that can work in landscape and portrait modes. Since I use a GPS app on my iPhone I want to flip the phone to landscape on the fly. This is not possible with this Grip-iT mount.



Over all it satisfies 99% of my requirements! For the price, I can't find a better value! Bracketron PHV-202-BL Grip-iT GPS and Mobile Device Holder (Black)

This item worked perfectly in a 07 civic vent mount however we could not fit it on a 04 civic vent, the brackets were just too big for this car. I used it with no problems with and iPhone and was satisfied until I tried to turn the screen sideways. For some reason it all came flying out and the springs ended up inside my AC vent, way too far inside to reach. So now I have to dismount my car's dash to get them out....I will try super glue to make them stay in place.

This worked really well for me. Hooked right onto my AC vent and stays in place. I use it primarily to hold my gps, but also sometimes my blackberry when I want to use the speakerphone.



I find this solution superior to the friction or suction cup mounted devices.

The design is okay, but the whole thing is made from really cheap plastic.



The ball joint mechanism is really hard to move and adjust.



The ball joint has a plastic cylindrical protusion that attaches to the holder. That part broke, it is weak and thin. If they were gonna make the most important joint thin, then they should've made it out of metal, not cheap plastic.

Was the first mount I could find that would hold my Evo. Had issues with every other one I tried. 4 stars only because it's a bitch to get onto the vents and make it stay - otherwise it'd be 5 stars. Build quality is good and there wasn't too much useless packaging.

This thing is cheap and will hold almost any portable device. It takes a little work to install, and you won't be pulling it off on a whim, but this has to be the best $4 I ever spent! Once you mount it, it is really easy to install and uninstall any hand held device. (Less then a second.)



BUY ONE NOW! Even if you don't think you need it, you will be surprised how nice it is to have a secure place on your dash to stick devices.

I was reluctant to get this, but I desperately needed something to hold my GPS-enabled cell phone somewhere visible in the car. I kept thinking about how it was going to be a disaster once I attached it to my vents for fear that it would snap off my vents or ruin the directional air flow. Boy, was I wrong and am I glad that I am! The instructions were lacking, but the premise is simple enough to figure out pretty quickly. In fact, when I was just scoping out where it would go, it accidentally snapped into place. Luckily, it wasn't too hard to remove, although it did take more force to undo it than I was initially comfortable with. The plastic doesn't feel thin or cheap, although I wouldn't wrench too hard on it, either. I love the rotating ball and the adjustable options. You can make it wider or narrower and the "legs" beneath are also adjustable which was great because they were located right where my mini-USB plug needed to go. Works like a charm, easy to readjust it for visibility, and stays securely in place. I couldn't be happier!

The product is well constructed, versatile and useful. I primarily use it to hold my cell phone and use the phone's hands-free feature while driving. It clips to the air vents in the car. Once you figure out the trick, it is easy to clip and remove without the risk of damaging the delicate vents - that was my concern. The holder will easily adjust to a wide (GPS) or a narrow device, such as a Motorola flip phone. It is not possible to attach my car adaptor to charge the phone while it is on the holder due to the shape of my Motorola Razr phone. However, this has not been an issue for me. - Vehicle Mounts - Gps Holder - Automotive - Electronic Device Holder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information