Sunday 3 April 2011

Auxiliary Input Adapters - auxiliary input adapters, peripherals


I bought this to go along with the PAC aux input adapter for my Ford F150 factory radio. This gives the aux input jack a nice clean factory installed look. The cable is big and appears to be very good quality, almost a little overkill for this use. Clarion CCAAUX Female 3.5mm Stereo Mini-Jack to Male RCA Extension Cable with Integrated Cover

the plastic screw, which is joined by a plastic bolt...isnt very strong.



when you tighten it, i basically skips a thread because both pieces are plastic and flexible. Be prepared to glue, or use some other sealant that will help it stay secure...problem is, you cant unscrew it again.

This cable arrived at my doorstep today, and I have to say that I am awfully impressed. I already have installed in my pickup and it looks like it in OEM (with the exception of the cover clearly reading "Clarion" on the front). I actually purchased this because I saw that someone had already uploaded pictures of an install in the same vehicle I have, and it looked great. As long as you have a flat space and the room for a 3/4" hole, it should mount up easily and look sharp. I installed this product in a 2006 F-150 and am using it as an alternative AUX input with the USA Spec PA15-FORD1 iPod/iPhone interface. Not sure when I will actually use it, since I have an actual iPod cable that comes out of my glovebox, but I figured I should run the AUX just in case, you know?



The pros: Looks good, nice sturdy cable (maybe a bit of an overkill, actually), better quality than most of the other similar products out there.



The cons: The retaining nut on the 3.5 mm end is a little difficult to slip over the RCA plugs on the other end of the cord. If the cable split out to the R & L RCAs a couple inches farther up the cord, they would be much easier to jimmy through the retainer nut. The plastic retainer nut also is kind of cheap, so it can easily cross-thread itself when you start getting it snug against the back of the panel you mount it on.

This cable works great! Easy to install and looks like it belongs in my truck. I use it in my 2006 Ford F350 to connect my iPhone through the factory stereo aux button. Now I can listen to my iPhone music and take phone calls hands free through the stereo system. Works great! Highly recommend. - Audio - Miniplug To Rca Adapter - Peripherals - Auxiliary Input Adapters'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information