Sunday 3 April 2011

Canon Digital Camera - canon, digital slr


I ended up trying three different camera straps for my Canon 20D (and now 40D) before settling on one. The grip I'm reviewing here got sold with my old 20D because it didn't work for me - I didn't really feel any more secure using this grip than without one at all since it only wraps around in one direction. The second grip I bought from Sammy's camera and the tripod screw mount fell out of it almost destroying my camera (bad design - it was just glued in!).



If you have a Canon or Nikon SLR, I'd highly recommend the Nikon brand strap - even though it's made by Nikon, it still fits Canon cameras. It's much more adjustable, and I feel that my Camera is secure when I'm using it. Nikon makes a good quality product which is more than I can say for the other two grips I tried. Camera Grip / Hand Strap (simulated leather) for SLR camera Nikon / Canon / Minolta / Fuji

I photography wedding in my free time, and have been doing event photography for over a year. I bought this strap thinking it would be large, soft, and fit well; I was wrong. Small, cheaply made better describe it. The tripod mounting hole is off axis and it feels like it was designed for a 3 year olds hands. I carry my 20D with a flash bracket around for a 8 hour wedding and something of this poor support quality will just not do. Heres a tip, buy a foam grip and make sure its a large one, your hands will thank you.

I received the product much sooner than expected, thanks to the extremely fast shipping. It looks great on my camera, a Nikon D70s, and fits my hand beautifully. The only drawback would be if you had extra large hands. If the strap is loosened too close to the end of the strap, it can work it's way loose, as I found out while wearing gloves. I didn't drop my camera, but it was close. This was remedied by tightening the strap another 1/4", and it's been great ever since. I give it my highest recommendation.

It works great and fits well under the camera body. It took few adjustments on to strap to get the right fit and feel, i would like it tight on my hand, but it would be hard to turn the camera sideway to take vertical shots.



Pro: You can still mount it on a tripod.



Cons: You have to loosen the screw and and turn it sideway in order to take the battery out.

I do have large hands but not gorilla size by any means. What I cant' do is get to the ISO wheel On top of the grip and my finger doesn't find the shutter button easily on the camera with the strap on. It may work for nimble young hands, mine have 60 years use on them. the upside is the mounting screw has a threaded hole for tripod mounting. not off center. I think I'll just keep wrapping the neck strap around my wrist like I've been doing all these years.

the first time i tried it, it felt awkward, but i have gotten used to it and would not want to be without it. its a great product to use so as to keep the camera from slipping out of your hand. i dont really like using the neck strap so this works great for me. :)

Good buy. I am happy with it. The only thing is that it tends to want to loosen up a bit if it doesn't have my hand in it. So i find myself tightening it to my hand sometimes. But at least when your hand is in it i trust it to hold together. Other than that its just fine.

I am happy with the Satechi Grip/Strap. I use it on my Nikon D80. The bottom plate fits well (once I reversed the side to which the strap was attached, a brief, easy task). I attached my large Bogen tripod adapter to the strap's base yet the whole is still thin enough to fit everywhere I place the camera.



Satechi had the strap in my hands before I expected it and shipping was reasonable.



The strap is padded just the right amount to be comfortable but not bulky. The strap itself could have been an inch longer (large hands). Dennis Weiskircher's review scared me (his strap worked its way loose) so I tucked a cut-off small nail through a loop in the strap at the buckle and touched it with a dab of Shoe Goo to keep it there (but still be removable).



It is a great strap and the price is just right.

I bought one of these about 5 years ago and have been using it ever since then. What I've done though is remove the strap it comes with and threaded my Canon strap through it so you still have the should strap possibility. What this hand grip does is make holding the camera that much easier when you are doing everything from taking a picture while moving around a steep hill to taking vacation shots (it might even help prevent someone from trying to grab your camera because it's kinda on your hand pretty good).

I've heard people say they have a death grip on their camera because it's so expensive so they don't need one ...but it's that trip or bump you don't expect that could make you drop it. And anyways who really wants to walk around the town your visiting or photo shoot with a camera around your neck? It lets you keep it it your hand with very very little hand fatique. I like it and that's why when my old camera finally broke from wearing out I put it on my new camera.

If I get a second camera I'm going to get another one. I paid 25euros for mine so the price has stayed pretty much the same and well worth it. You don't really have to think about using it and don't have to feel silly by putting the neck strap on yourself or someone else who's taking the picture. Your hand just slides in and it's realatively secure from an accidental drop.

The stiching could be a little more comfortable and the padding a little longer but I'm just being a little picky on that. If it were that bad I would have removed it but I've litterally been halfway around the world with it and it's the best accessory that doesn't take the photo you can add to a camera. If you are wondering because you are left eye dominate with and SLR, I am too and it works just fine. - Digital Slr - Canon - Camera Strap - Camera Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information