Sunday 3 April 2011

Canon Battery - digital camera, canon


I bought two of these to have as backup batteries on my Canon S90. For the last three weeks of heavy use (6000+ pics), I've had nothing but great results. The batteries perform exactly the same at the OEM Canon versions. I've even accidentally put both of them through the washer and dryer and they still work perfectly. I rarely rate anything 5-stars on here, but these batteries definitely deserve them. You simply can't beat the performance for this price. Maximal Power DB CAN NB-6L Replacement Battery for Canon Digital Cameras/Camcorders

This battery size is actually 1.72x1.26x0.31 which is too wide to fit my Canon SD1200 IS, or its charger. The battery that I received was actually marked "for nikon en-el12" and was only wrapped in "acd-291 Canon nb-6l" label and placed like that in the plastic box. Waste of time and money if you're looking for Canon SD1200 IS battery. The size of the original canon nb-6l battery that came with the camera is 1.65x1.355x0.27.

This battery lasts just as long as the original. Unfortunately it's too big for the SD1200IS. It fits in, but it takes a bit of forcing. Guess I should have known better. When it came time to remove it it wouldn't come out. The canon battery simply slid right out, but this one I literally had to pry the top open and use needle nose pliers to grab the piece I pried open and pull the battery out. I'm luck I didn't break my new camera. Amazon needs to let uesrs know that this is not an aftermarket replacement for the NB-6L. It make work ok in some cameras, but it absolutely is not the same size as the original and at least in the sd1200 it WILL NOT work and could harm your camera.

This battery lasts just as long as the original product battery and charges very quickly. With this price there is no real excuse to run out of juice while on a long trip or while using as a camcorder.

I was torn between the Canon name brand battery and this one. I chose to try this one as my back-up battery and it works great! I took it to California to a few themeparks and it never let me down. It easily lasted the full day in the park with over 150 pictures taken and the camera constantly getting turned off and on. You won't regret choosing this battery as a back-up to the Canon battery that comes with the camera.

I purchased this battery as an additional battery when I ordered my new camera. I didn't want to be caught with a picture opportunity, a dead battery, and no spare.

I've just returned from a vacation where the number of photographs that I took was sufficient to require swapping out and recharging batteries a number of times. I am very pleased to say that I saw no difference in the performance of this additional battery when compared to that of the original from Canon. I could take the same number of pictures and it took that same time to charge. Whether it will retain its performance for the same number of recharges as the original as it gets older is something only time will tell, but, for the present, I am very satisfied.

The newer Canon PowerShots use the slightly larger NB-6L battery rather than the earlier generation NB-4. I needed extras, so I ordered several including the MaximalPower. The battery I received from Amazon was black, not white like the picture, but it fit my new Canon SD4000-IS fine. However, the camera goes haywire when this battery is loaded -- powers on but won't power off, buttons don't function, etc. At first I thought the camera was defective, then quickly figured out that it worked fine with both its original Canon battery and the Digipower NB-6L I also bought from Amazon. The MaximalPower obviously is not supplying the correct power to the camera. Order the Digipower instead if you are looking for a Canon NB-6L. I now have several and they function great with good battery life that rivals the original OEM battery. - Battery - Digital Camera Battery - Canon - Digital Camera'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information