Sunday 3 April 2011

Electronics - reusable, cable organizers


At first, what I really wanted was a cable organization system. Then I came across these ties, which I figured would be an inexpensive solution to tie my computer wires along the legs of my desk. Having done that, I must say it looks a lot cleaner. These sat on my desk for a couple of weeks when I found even more things to do with them... They're currently also holding up a rope light to the back of my TV (for some ambient light) and they're doing that job wonderfully. All in all, a great product, and definitely priced right for the amount of things it can do.



One thing to be careful of though, is that even though it is not the traditional "velcro" as you know it (e.g. hooks and a fuzzy cloth on the other side), these do still stick to a Swiffer duster if you take one over it. Velcro Reusable Self-Gripping Ties, 0.5 Inches x 8 Inches, Black/Gray, 50 Ties per Pack (90924)

I bought these ties to hold my computer against the back wall of my desk and they work well enough, but there's another product somewhere on amazon that gives you twice as much for a similar price. I didn't buy that because it lost its super saver shipping when i tried to buy it.



That said, this product serves its purpose and won't give out to a decent amount of force (pulling apart parallel to the adhesive).

The cable ties that I have used in the past are much thicker and look like they would hold up better. Initially these look very thin and like they would break easily and not hold tight. But, the velcro seems to hold well and pulling on one of them they seem to be stronger than they look.

These are fantastic ties. I have bought several packs. They are extremely useful and easy to use. They are also sold at some of the self-improvement stores and "Wally World".



Being 8 inches long, sometimes I cut these in half, which works better for smaller needs.



25 ties are black and 25 are gray. Also, these are "Made in USA". Highly recommended!

When I saw the price, I was expecting something much more cheaply made and designed than these are. They have a hole on one end that you use to make a loop than can be drawn very tight and then instead of just one patch of velcro, you can wrap these around on themselves several times to make a nice tight hold on your cables.

I can see lots of uses for these other than cables...put tags on things without worrying about them coming off, wrap up cords for travel, ...



This is a good product with lots of uses. Don't be put off by the low price, this is a quality solution if you have a lot of cords to get under control.

I've used more than a few 'cable management' schemes in my life, but these little buggers have made life easy. I love the design, that simplifies adding or removing cables from a bundle, keeps things organized, and when you're not using a cable, you just wrap it up in a hoop with one of these... I have a big bag full of cables and took an evening to go through and put one of these on every one, and wrap them all in loops... No more rat's nest!



Solid construction, good design, and easy to use. But after about 100 of them, you'll be sore under your thumbnail from pulling the edges free... - Ties - Velcro - Cable Organizers - Reusable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information