Sunday 20 February 2011

Surge Protector - power strips, outlet


Worked out very well to add extra power outlets under a kitchen counter. Only downcheck is the wall plug which forces you to have 3-4" space for it and the power cord when you plug it into an outlet. A flat plug that would only stick out an inch or less would be better. Fellowes 6-Outlet Strip (15 feet)

Satisfied with construction quality & performance. I use these for the workplace rather than allowing people to use extension cords. Any connection point is a potential failure point so this helps reduce outages/problems/reports of issues with power to devices.

Due to the weight of the cord versus the lightness of the strip hard to get it to sit straight. Found a heavy 20 ft strip at the local hardware store for about 3 dollars put the one from amazon in drawer not using at this time.

I discovered while setting up a new home entertainment center in the living room that I needed more outlets, but at the same time I wanted to eliminate use of an extension cord I had been using with my previous power strip, which had only a 3 foot cord. This was the perfect outlet power strip for me as the cord was heavy duty and is 15 feet long, thus not requiring me to use an extension cord. It also has a lighted power on/off switch and I like that as it allows me to determine quickly if the strip has power or not. Only drawback, not to me but perhaps to others, is that the outlets are evenly spaced, which means this strip is not the best power strip if you have a lot of power adapters you need to plug in. This was not a problem for me however as I also have a short strip designed specifically for plugging in power adapters only and I just plugged that strip into one of the outlets provided on this strip. Very happy. Would buy again! I should add this strip is not a surge protector and does not provide surge or power protection.

This LONG surge protector is great...especially when you have a limited number of wall outlets to work with. No more setting up your desk in an awkward location just because that's where the outlet is! This thing is just like a normal power strip...only it has a 15ft cord.

In an office environment, this 15 foot power strip solved a shared office issue where the standard 6 foot powet strip cannot accomidate a new desk. The product works great this this is the 5th unit I have purchased - Power Strips - Surge Protection - Outlet - Power Strip'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information