Sunday 20 February 2011

Kindle 2 Screen Protector - anti-glare, kindle accessory


As some other commentators pointed out, this screen protector is easy to apply - especially after watching a video on the manufacturer's site. However, two things made it really unsuitable for me: screen glare (the most important disadvantage) and the fact that the screen does not match the Kindle 3 screen - there are gaps wider then 1mm which for a "premium" product is not too good. Even worse: out of the two screens I received in the 2-pack, one was not rectangular (very tight fit on the bottom of the screen and 1.5smm gaps on the top.

So... if the significantly increased glare and precise fit are not too important for you, you'll appreciate the ease of installing the screen. Otherwise you should look elsewhere.



Follow-up comment:

I have been contacted by the Grantwood Technology and received their new anti-glare screen for Kindle for free - this is a good indication an excellent customer service and the sign that they genuinely care about their products' quality. The new screen is a vast improvement over the previous model. It seems to be just a little bit more difficult to apply (as it is a bit more rigid then the old one) but not by much. The fit is much better and the glare is vastly reduced - making the new screen a really good protector for my Kindle. I did not like the old product but the new protectors are so much better that I can recommend them without hesitation. Grantwood Technology's 2-Pack Premium Anti-Glare Screen Protector for NEW Kindle 3 and Kindle 2, (6" Display)

I was in two minds: #1: the kindle is supposed to have this awesome anti-glare screen, and I don't want to do anything to get in it's way. #2: I am a clumsy, galumphing nodwiddy that wrecks my precious, precious electronic devices. It's bad enough what I've done to my ipod... and I love books even more than music. Whatever to do? I bought a cover, but it has little things inside to hold bits and bobs, and what if they should damage my screen?! I can't have that... so I waded through all the reviews of screen protectors, and found my fears weren't unfounded. Almost every screen protector had bad reviews, and glare was the worst of them. I was sad.



Then I came across this one, claiming it would not cause glare. I extended the olive branch of trust and purchased... the price being reasonable, and if it didn't work, I would bring the crushing power of the internets upon them and give them a bad review. Unnecesary. Simply: this product does what it says it will. I put it on, and I see no difference in the screen appearance. There is no glare. You don't know it is there. It fits well - and for someone with two left thumbs, I had a pretty easy time putting it on. My faith in humanity is reinstated. Or at least the humanity selling electronic device accessories on Amazon.

This review is for the Grantwood Technology Screen Protector for Amazon Kindle, 2nd Gen. My friend purchased this sceen protector for me as a gift. The application process was simple and flawless. I only had two (2) air bubbles, which disappeared by themselves after a few hours (no pressing, squishing, or herding air bubbles around - which is good). HOWEVER, this screen protector increases the glare significantly. I now have to hold my Kindle almost parallel to my sightline to see the words! If I hold it perpendicular (like a normal book), I just see my reflection. It's like a mirror. Horrible. Forget reading outside or in any bright light conditions. Applause to Grantwood for ease of application, boo for readability afterword.

I installed a fair share of screen protectors on various items, but never one to my complete satisfaction; to which I attribute mostly my shortcomings -- not the product. When I ordered this product I expected a thin film akin to the cell phone/mp3 player type. Not at all! I ordered 6 to give myself a chance. First I carefully read the instructions (simple and explicit). Following the instructions exactly, the screen laid down like it was in love with the Kindle. One very small air bubble appeared on the starting edge of the screen that easily pushed out with a fingernail massage. After a week, no further bubbles. That was it! The screen material is much sturdier than those that are applied to cell phones or MP3 players. I haven't yet experienced any glare problems in sunlight noticed by others.



It'd be nice to credit this installation to my skill; even at age 82, I'm handy with most things involving finger dexterity. Instead I'm a real "klutz" in this particular area. This product ramped up my ego just a little bit.

These Screen Protectors are a perfect fit for my new 6" Kindle. The best thing about this product is that it came not only with written instructions, but also with a web-site to a video link where I could actually SEE how to properly apply my screen protector. Never having done this before, I so appreciated this added feature. I was able to apply my screen protector successfully on my first attempt!

Thank you Grantwood Technology. You have a return customer in me. - Kindle Accessory - Screen Protectors - Anti-glare - Kindle Screen Protectors'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information