Sunday 20 February 2011

Small Tv - tv, compact


I bought this TV because I had a spot under a hutch on my desk that I wanted a TV and this was the only size that would fit. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of sound and picture from this little TV. It works great and can't beat the price if you need a small TV.



The only thing I might add is that the actual TV was black instead of silver like the ad showed but personally I would have preferred black because that's the color of my monitor and laptop also on my desk. Curtis 13.3" LED TV HDMI Input 720P 1080I (ATSC TUNER) 500:1

Needed to replace the small (tube) TV in the bedroom and this was the perfect choice.

Picture quality is amazing. Visual capabilities can be changed to suit your tastes. Nice selection of inputs (including a USB port) --and closed captioning!



A couple of drawbacks (if you are picky): headphone jack is a little hard to get to since it is tucked away in the back. Speakers are not the best (in fact, they are pretty bad), also located in the back and not on the front as depicted in the manufacturer's photo. Both of these problems can be resolved easily with a nice pair of small external speakers with a front mounted headphone jack.



Also note: small Comcast DTA remote control is not compatible with TV.

What a nice TV for the money. Bought this Curtis for under $100 on sale and so far we have no regrets. This was purchased for our kitchen and fits it nicely. Our kitchen is not very big which makes the viewing angles acceptable. The sound is adjustable but tinny, with plenty of volume. It has many nice features like the video options and settings, timer, favorites. The channel auto-scan works well. Nice remote control. We have it connected to our cable and the picture is clear, bright,and sharp on the HD channels. We will be trying out broadcast reception when we get an antennae. If you are looking for a cheap small TV this is one to consider. It does everything it says it does, with more features than you'd expect. Obviously you get what you pay for so you can buy better TVs. If you are looking for Toshiba, or Samsung performance, buy a Toshiba or Samsung TV.

Many of the small, low end monitors are cheap and poorly made. I needed a small monitor to fit on my basement work bench for an occasional computer use to program radio repeater systems and also display video from my video camera security system. Also small and light enough to use as a spot monitor when reaiming/refocusing security cameras..



After extensive reading of Amazon reviews on a number of monitors in this class, I chose this one.. Been in use for about 3 months and so far works great!..

Overall I'm pleased with this television. I was looking for something small to put next to a computer monitor. The picture is crisp, though the view angles are not that great, but I wasn't expecting a $1000 television in a 13" package. The worst trait of the television are the built-in speakers which sound so tinny an awful, even at low volume. I didn't mind much as I use the headphone jack to tie into my desk's sound system, but for others this may be an issue. I like the VGA input and actually found use of it as a second non-essential monitor. One gripe is that they decided to place the VGA port directly over the spot where the stand enters the television, so it's impossible to get a VGA connector to actually fit within this space as they tend to be large with thick cables. I had to purchase a separate $10 90-degree adapter to get it to work.



I find the remote frustrating. Button placement is strange, and the actual buttons themselves confusing. In order to change inputs, the remote is required and needs the use of an on-screen menu which makes universal remotes like the Logitech Harmony line impossible to use.



In the end, it's a good television for the price and size.

Product is exactly as others described: clear picture, useless remote, ear-piercing audio...but the size is perfect for the shelf in a rarely used guest room and a pillow placed behind it muffles the sound to a less jarring level (no manual adjusting of the sound made any perceptible difference). Got what I expected but hoped that the other reviewers were just picky. They weren't.

I needed a small TV in my computer room, to check DVD's made on my Computer.

Space was tight and a 13" TV was as much as I could go. Walmart does not

stock their 13" TV and it would take 12 days to ship. I bought the Curtis

and it has all the inputs and outputs necessary for connecting cable,DVD

player, etc. the only drawback is the Audio is a little tinny, but that is

expected with a tv this size. Very satisfied, would recommend, especially

for the price. - Hdtv - Compact - Small Tv - Tv'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information