Sunday 20 February 2011

Photography Accessories - camera wrist strap, photography accessories


This neoprene wrist strap is comfortably wide, can be cinched to your hand with the included buckle-like device, and is not so long that your camera will dangle far from your wrist when you let go of it.



My only concern is the plastic clip that attaches the neoprene wrist strap to the lanyard portion secured to the camera. It looks sturdy enough, and hasn't given any indication that it's going to come loose, but given how easy it is to get your hand into and out of the wrist strap, it seems like the inclusion of this clip doesn't add enough value to the product to justify the loss of peace of mind.



If you were going to be switching between a neck strap and this wrist strap, the plastic clip would probably make that process quick and easy, but if, like me, you're only interested in securing your camera with a wrist strap, the clip feels unnecessary. OP/TECH USA 6701062 SLR Wrist Strap, Neoprene Camera Wrist Strap (Black)

Strap was purchased to replace a neck strap provided with a Canon G11 digital camera. I do not like anything hanging around my neck that has any weight. The camera is heavy enough that a skinny strap used for the small point-n-shoot cameras would not offer adequate security. As other reviews has described, the plastic snap connector adds no value and perhaps is a negative feature.



Another consideration is the size of the connecting ribbon cord to the camcorder or camera. This braided cord is substantial, about 3/8" x 1/8", not a weak link in the strap assembly. The negative side of this is its size is just big enough not to fit through my camera's strap loop. I have cut down a plastic electrical cable loop to use as an interface between the camera's loop and the braided cord. The plastic cable loop has holes for a screw that I used to attach the cord. The cable loop is white so I dyed it black with fabric dye. Functions well and looks very good.



Overall, the strap provides a good, non-slip feel. It's elastic wristband is comfortable and has a sliding, plastic adjustment to tighten the strap for smaller wrists.



During warmer weather the strap makes my wrist sweat. The inside of the strap gets wet, but dries quickly. I have used this camera a lot during warm weather, sweated a lot onto it, but it doesn't stink. I could wash it.



The look is very utilitarian. The photo is accurate.

Most of the time I use the wrist strap when following sports or any other type of action. The strap provides more freedom of movement (higher or lower) instead of having a dangling neck strap which can be very restrictive. This particular strap if very flexiable and most comfortable on the wrist. This strap also has a quick release feature. Highly recommended.

I used to wrap neck straps around my wrist, but that wasn't very secure so I looked for a nice wrist strap. The first one I tried was the OpTech version that uses velcro. It worked fine, but there is always that worry about the velcro not being secure and giving out in a drop, plus it took both hands to put it on and it didn't let my wrist breath. This strap has all the advantages of the other one plus it is easier and faster to put it on, it feels more secure not having to worry about the velcro, and there is some breathing room around the wrist. This offers the freedom of hand holding your camera while offering security against accidental drops.



I keep mine on the left side since I usually hold my camera with my left hand and I am right handed so prefer to have that hand free. It is long enough that I can switch hands if I get tired of holding it in my left hand. If you had a neck strap with the same kind of quick connects you could quickly swap it in as well.

Wrist strap works great on my Canon 30D. I do not care for a camera strap around the neck but wanted something to prevent me from dropping my camera if I lose my grip. This strap is very comfortable to wear and works well for me.

Like the other guy, I too don't really use my camera strap around my neck. It's too confining. I always wrap it around my wrist and up my arm. For two reasons. I get more mobility and comfort.



So when I found this strap, I got it and it works perfect. It doesn't get in the way. It's comfortable, compact, sturdy, it's made very durable. especially for sports. you have the mobility and freedom to move around and get the shot. I feel very confident wearing it. Of course I always hold the camera, (not letting it dangle with just the strap). But it adds the added protection just in case.



If your thinking about it, for the price you can't go wrong. This is a thumbs-up product.

I have a few different straps for my Nikon D40, the one the camera came with, which hurts my neck, a R-Strap which moves quite a bit and I noticed that I was most comfortable just hand holding my camera instead of leaving it on the strap. After I almost dropped it once, I decided to look into a wrist strap and I had heard a lot of good things about op/tech so I ordered it. I was very happy with the price and I am happy with the performance. It's soft, keeps my camera safe and and I have zero complaints. - Camera Strap - Photography Accessories - Camera Wrist Strap - Photography'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information