Wednesday 2 February 2011

Screen Protectors - droid, screen protector


These screen guards arrived undamaged in a flat, business sized envelope. When I opened the package for them, the three guards were sandwiched between the two layers of the cardboard labeling. The microfiber cleaning cloth was there also. However, contrary to the instructions on the package label, my package did not contain the squeegee for removing the bubbles. That was not a problem, as I used as a substitute one of the key-ring tabs for a store affinity program, which worked just as well.



1st attempt:



1st issue: It should be labeled clearly which side of the protector is the adhesive side which should be applied to the screen. Both sides had a protective cover, which was good. One tab was labeled 1 and the other as 2. Both said to remove before applying. I first had to figure out which was the non-sticky side since nothing on the label indicated which was which.



2nd issue: Unless one has very small fingers, it is difficult to use the tiny cloth to wipe the screen without touching it.



3rd issue: As others have said, the alignment of the guard with the screen is tricky. Getting it in place while peeling the protective layer is finicky work. My first attempt wound up having dust under it, making a couple of bubbles that could not be removed. Also, by removing the outer layer of protective plastic, it made it difficult to avoid scratching the plastic of the guard. After several attempts to reposition the first guard, and unable to avoid touching the underside while attempting to remove the dust spots, I removed it so I could try again with a new one.



2nd attempt:



Using the lessons I learned with the first one, I did not remove the plastic protecting the outside surface. I re-cleaned the screen and carefully positioned the second one, peeling the protective layer for the adhesive side as I went. This time, I had the alignment correct and there were no dust particles visible.



After using the card to remove the remaining air bubbles, I removed the protective plastic from the outside. I needed to work a couple of tiny bubbles from the corner which had been covered by the tab and not visible. After that, I had a clear, unscratched guard on my new Droid. I hope it will stay there and perform well. That is, of course, something that will only be evident with time. I still have one unused guard in reserve for when the installed one finally needs replacing. Three LCD Screen Guards / Protectors for Motorola Droid A855

It has tight fit to the screen, and I personally like it that way.



A protective film has three layers.

Peel out one side, then apply the film to the screen.

Once the installation is completed.

peel out the other side.

You only use the core piece.







Initially, I forgot the remove the 2nd layer(outer).

The protective film was scratched easily. I wasn't satisfied.

I tried to remove the film and the 2nd layer(outer) came out.

Now, I only have the core layer applied to my phone.

It is sturdy. No scratch found so far in the past 2 weeks.

Amazing product, especially for its price. I was a little weary with purchasing this product at such a cheap price, but in the future if I need more protectors, I will not hesitate to buy this product again.



The product ships fairly fast and comes with three protectors, cleaning cloth, and a squeegee that is used to press all of the air bubbles out for a professional look.

While I'll be the first to admit its pretty difficult to hold a company to a quality standard for a product that costs nearly nothing, I was still pretty annoyed when all three of the guards that came in the pack were extremely scratched and smudged to an unusable extent. For the price I expected them to perhaps not seal correctly, but I surely didn't expect someone to have scraped them across concrete with oily hands, before sending them off to me.

Purchasing this screen protector was my 2nd attempt in finding a product for my Droid 2. The first screen protector I tried, WIRELESS ONE SP-MTA855 Motorola DROID Screen Protectors, was terrible--you only got 1 screen protector for more than 3 times the cost of the LCD Screen Guards. The LCD Guards works well. One tip though: the corners of the screen on the Droid is not square but rounded. The corners of the LCD Guards are square. I snipped the corners of the LCD Guard to fit more properly and stick better on the Droid corners. This was done AFTER the installation as a final step.

As with any screen protectors, I'm always skeptical about the ease of install and the number of bubbles that will be irremovable. But this one really works well!



Remember, although it says not use cleaning agents, be sure to take a cloth that doesn't produce dust and an LCD cleaner and wipe off any fingerprints. And of course, wipe it dry. THEN, use the cloth they provide to get rid of ALL dust and the follow the instructions carefully. Make sure you are in a near dust free environment because like any LCD protector, to have dust on it will ruin the install. - Screen Protectors - Screen Protector - Motorola Droid - Droid'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


screen protector Screen Protectors - droid, screen protector