Wednesday 2 February 2011

Illuminated - back lit, illuminated keyboard


I have a gaming lighted keyboard that has a two light system as well as an off button. That keyboard, however, is larger and it takes up too much desk space reducing my mouse pad area. I have a laptop that has the same key arrangement as a full size keyboard. The manufacturer got this one to be smaller by cramming right-most keys together and in a different arrangement than normal. The spacebar is 2 1/2 inches long. The ENTER key is about the length of one normal key & 1/2. The delete key is on top of the keyboard! I have to always look for it.



I wanted a smaller lighted keyboard and this one fits the bill. Upon boot, the light is off and you can't see the key letters until you turn it on. That's right, you must have the light on every hour of the PC day. Instead of white lettered keys, they are clear. The light behind them makes the letters come to life once you turn the light on. If you don't, the keys all look the same.



The keyboard does the job but I am already thinking of getting a different lighted keyboard.



When looking yourself, be sure to consider standard keyboard keys and arrangement, serial vs. USB vs. wireless connections, and the number of light options. If you are bothered by noise, look for that too. This one makes keyboard noise like all keyboards did decades ago. Also look for the number of keystrokes each key can obsorb before failing. There are great differences for this so be aware. Lighted USB Keyboard - Gentle crisp clear white LED light illuminates each key yet stress free to your eyes - Full size Multimedia functions, One-touch internet access

This is my first lighted keyboard. I was worried that my eyes would not like the white light at night but the lighted keyboard works great on my eyes in the dark. The problem is this keyboard is not what I would call a full size keyboard so they have narrowed a lot of the keys like the Tab, Backspace, Enter, Cap lock keys to to fit all the keys in the smaller space. The Home, Page up, Page Down, End and arrow keys do not have a space on the keyboard by themselves but are running up and down board the keyboard in a column next to the Enter key. In the dark, I end up hitting the PageDown key instead of the Enter key so this defeats why I bought a lighted keyboard in the first place, to be able to type fast in the dark.



Nice Try but I would key looking for a full size keyboard that is lighted even if you have to pay more money.

Blue LED light keyboard does looks more nicer but when in the dark place, White LED light is actually make my eyes feel more comfortable and I been search one for very long time, this keyboard is what I been searching for, totally recommended!

Wish I had seen the reviews before purchasing but there weren't any at that time. Basically wanted a lighted keyboard and its does that very well but didn't know the shift, backspace, and enter keys would be so small - hard to find and my fingers slip off of them. Also delete is not where it normally is and is hard to find. Persons wanting a lighted keyboard are obviously having a hard time seeing the keys and making them smaller and moving them around does not help even if lit. Had I seen the reviews I would not have purchased. Mine did come with instructions on how to turn the lights on but why its called Scroll (light bulb icon) is odd and why its not located all byitself easy for people who can't see well to find is a mystery? The pictures even when enlarged do not show the enter/shift keys so there was no way of knowing these were small. I have never seen the right shift key smaller than the enter key and the backspace key is the size of a normal key.

1. Does not light up. Only on 1st BIOS post, it flashes. What gives??



2. Keyboard layout gets a "What the %^&* were they thinking" award! Small enter and PAGE DOWN where the longer enter key would be? HOME next to the backspace button (where its longer key WOULD HAVE been if this was a logically laid out board).



3. Did I say it doe3snt even light up like it says it should? Oh yeah, there is a button called SCROLL and it has a light bulb ... but it does nothing.



DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.





**UPDATE** I figured since it didn't work, I had nothing to lose, so I took it apart to check it out. I found the problem... one of the two wires leading from the small circuit board that powers the LED lights was damaged. The wire was crimped in three spots when they assembled the bottom part of the case to the top. Careless oversight. But something I can fix... so thankfully, I have lights through my LEDs now. I really like the keyboard much better now that the lights are on. I can get used to the weird key placement. Also, I rewired the red wire to skip the small key switch so it is now 'ALWAYS ON'. Might not be your cup_of_tea but I perfer it this way. I can say my rating will now go from 1 star to 4. It is now what I hoped for when I bought it. Not too bad after tweaking and fixing bad assembly.

I play games in my room (frequently in the dark) and this keyboard is great for that. My only complaint is that the Home, PageUp, End Keys (etc.) are vertically aligned next to the backspace and enter keys, so I frequently hit home instead of backspace, which causes frequent slowdowns when making typing errors. Other than that, this keyboard rules!

I bought this keyboard for the simple reason that I am very light sensative and heavliy curtain my room and use hardly any backlighting on the monitor. The keyboard is very easy to read in the dark and is not overwhelming. It is slightly smaller than an average keyboad, so if you have bigger hands, you might want to move on. Its a great solution for someone with photosensitity like me.

The backspace key is smaller than usual and the home and end keys aren't where they usually so every once in a while I hit the wrong key, but I still like the keyboard and it looks great when it's lit up. Helps when you're typing at night. - Illuminated - Back Lit - Logitech Illuminated Keyboard - Illuminated Keyboard'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Illuminated - back lit, illuminated keyboard back lit Illuminated - back lit, illuminated keyboard