Wednesday 2 February 2011

Computer Headset - computer headset, microphone


Pros: This is an inexpensive piece of electronic equipment that does the job. The sound quality and mic placement are great for gaming and internet phones. The price is very low, adding to the value. It has a volume control which helps when switching from one application to another, since sound levels can vary on the computer.



Cons: The foam over the mouthpiece comes off very easily (for cleaning, apparently.) I would prefer that it didn't fall off when I didn't intend that. However, I now hold it on whenever I shift the mic into place for talking. The manufacturer should try to make sure that it is more secure. iMicro SP-IM942 Headset with Microphone

You can pay a lot of money for a headset and microphone, but this iMicro SP-IM942 proves you don't have to. I bought this item primarily for the microphone: I needed a good mic for the dictation program (speech to text) I use. This one is superb; it increased the accuracy of my dictation from 95% to 99% (over a much more expensive Microsoft microphone headset I had been using).



I was pleasantly surprised to find that the sound with the headphones is excellent too. It doesn't quite have the range of more expensive headphones, of course, but it does a solid job of delivering good sound quality for music and spoken word.



All in all, a great item, and if you can get it for $10-$12, it is a steal.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this product. I was a little concerned because I didn't pay much for it, but It works really well. I am pleased with it. I hope to get a lot of use out of it.

This headset is great. The sound is crystal clear whether you are using on Skype or listening to music, videos, etc. The microphone functions perfectly, no distortion, no crackling- have had many compliments on this piece of equipment while using it with my Skype. This headset functions better than the previous headset that I used and paid over 50.00 for! Highly recommend this headset- you simply can not go wrong ..especially at this price.

This is the first mic I've purchased and I can't see myself wanting any other anytime soon. I got it for just under $6 with the Amazon Prime free shipping. It's comfortable to wear, sturdy cords at a nice 6 ft length. The best part though is for sure the mic. No one can tell I paid $6 for this thing. I've had no major problems. The only thing I would fix is how easily the plugs can come out. I use a laptop so it's close to me and easy to put back in, but I can see this would be a bother if you plug it in in the back in the back of your computer. Overall I'd highly recommend this to anyone wanting a good solid headset for a bargain price.

I purchased two pairs of these headphones to evaluate them for my company. Out of the box, one of the headphone's speaker fell off of the ear piece (I posted a picture in the product images). I was able to reattach it and the headset was working fine afterward. When you hold iMicro SP-IM942 in your hand and give a little shake it sounds like they are about to fall apart. Since one fell apart in shipping I think it may not be far from the truth. They sound fine and the mic works. Nothing special. There is a volume control in line on the wire that is designed oddly. You turn the volume wheel down to turn the volume up and vice versa. Not very intuitive. Since I have to send the headphones out to many users details like that can be very annoying. I cannot say I recommend them.

This is a great product for the money. I bought it for chatting. I was surprised by how easy it was to hook up to my Dell computer (color coded), and the sound quality is great. It is also comfortable on my head. I belong to a language exchange internet site and it works wonderfully for this.

I don't know why people gave such high reviews for this product.

I was expecting a lot more when I got the package but was disappointed. The package is like of those products you buy from the dollar store.

The earpieces are loose and make noise. The foam is hard, feels cheap. The overall quality of the product just looks cheap.

The only plus side about is could be the quality of the sound. I listened to a few flac files and the sound was decent. However, I am not expert and I don't own a good quality headphone, so I couldn't objectively compare.

i dont recomment this item. broke fairly easy just from normal use. for 5 more dollars you can buy a better one which is what i ended up doing. i just needed a mic to do some commentaries because my turtle beaches broke and the sound was ok, but like i said it will brake easy. - Computer Headset - Video Games - Headphones - Microphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information