Sunday 13 February 2011

Samsung Captivate - car charger, car chargers


Captivate Car Charger / B003WNYMX8



I bought this for use with my Samsung Captivate. The connection to the phone works fine. Nice and snug, with no problems either connecting or un-connecting. The connection to the car dock works well enough - the fit is just a little bit loose and can "shake free" on bumpy car rides; fortunately, the charger has a light that goes out when the connection is lost, so it's easy to notice and fix if the charger does shake loose. The retractable cord is nice, although you do have to coax the last inch or two to retract - I guess they didn't want the connector to smack violently into the charger each time you retract.



The charger itself seems to work well enough, but it definitely doesn't put out the same level of juice that you'll get from your wall charger. With the phone screen on and speaker phone going, the charger just barely manages to keep the battery level steady - I would imagine that heavy usage of the phone (music, video, etc. while driving) would be too much for the charger to handle. Still, I purchased the charger to help take the edge off the daily drain on my phone, so this charger works sufficiently well for my needs.



~ Ana Mardoll Retractable Car Charger for Samsung Captivate (Includes OrionGadgets Cleaning Cloth)

I took a gamble and purchased this item as it is very cheap ...only to realise that it is not working.....

the design is flawed and rattles when plugged to a car outlet...

checked this when the car is stationary and found that a constant loose connection is happening and my phone lights up saying it started charging...next second it stop charging...again lights up....this charger can screw up any smartphone battery in minutes ....

DONT BUY !!



Update : The company contacted me via e-mail and send me a new car charger absolutely free of cost.... and it works well so i'm happy and changing "Dont buy" to "Buy"

This is very convenient. It is nice and compact and the cord does not get tangled up with any of my other cable devices in the car.

Only thing is that sometimes I have to remove my cell phone cover in order to connect the cable.

It works just fine; however, the cable's insulation is pulling away from the connector, leaving the wires exposed. I'm going to have to put on some heat-shrink tubing or something to cover it. Overall, it's worth the price, but it would have been nice to not see this problem so soon after purchase.

I ordered a retractable phone charger to keep in my car, for my new Samsung Captivate purchased on amazon.com. The charger is great, and keeps the cord from being tangled while not in use and when I unplug it for storage. It was very reasonably priced and has worked great over past 3 months.

I just received my Samsung Captivate retractable car charger. It works incredibly well! I didn't think much of it because it was a brand that I was not familiar with, but it was cheap and I needed one bad because the battery on the Captivate doesn't last more than a day. When I plugged into the outlet in my car a small blue light lit up to let me know it was receiving power. You pull the charging cord out to plug it into your cellphone. I actually found it easier to connect it to my phone than the charger I received from AT&T, it's really nice if you find yourself driving often and could really use that supplemental power for a battery draining smart phone like this one. When you're done charging the phone there's a button that you push to retract the cord, it retracts the cord quickly and smoothly so you don't have cords laying all over your car. Because of the retractable cord it doesn't take up much space in your glove compartment or center console.

It never worked right from the first day. It did not fit tight in the car outlet and would work loose while driving and would not charge the phone. The retractable cord did not retract all the way and it finally stopped charging totally. I threw it in the trash and started all over again.

This charger was cheap, and so I was willing to give it a shot. It would probably work fine except that the connector doesn't make good contact with the jack on my phone. So, I need to go find a better quality one, cuz this one won't work for me.

I bought 2 of these because they were just too inexpensive and i could put one in my car and truck both. It works as described, the retractable cord functions as it should. No cord laying around to get tangled amoungst your other cords when not being used! I should have bought 2 more while I was purchasing... - Car Charger - Low Quality - Car Chargers - Captivate'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information