Sunday 13 February 2011

Comfortable - air bed, mattress


We've had 4 - count them - 4 Aerobeds and every single one of them went flat after only a few uses. (The people at Bed, Bath and Beyond got tired of us returning them.) Thus, I went on the hunt for another brand. Having camped since - oh - the age of 1, and seeing the plethura of Coleman products my parents used (tent, sleeping bags, stove, icechest, water jugs, etc.) it was no surprise that this air bed was exceptional. (Too bad the didn't have these in the 60's and 70's!)



We had the first one of these beds for several years. The ONLY reason it went flat is because my sister-in-law left it uncovered and one of our 6 cats poked a hole in it. (Gee: what a surprise!) We bought another one and it's just as great as the first one.



I will never buy anything but this brand. It's cheaper than an AeroBed and better quality. Coleman Full Size Quickbed with 4D Pump and Wrap 'N' Roll Storage

Bed was easy to setup and use, and the instructions were easy to follow. The bed itself, once rolled up, doesn't really fit back into the attached bag, but the bag does the job of containing the bed roll and making the entire ensemble portable with a handy carrying strap. The mattress also, as advertised, did not have any leaks and fully held its air overnight.



The air pump likewise worked well, both for inflating and deflating the mattress. One piece of advice, however: remove the batteries from the pump when not in use. I found that 4 Energizer batteries (fresh) were drained after 1 week and 4 uses of the pump. I believe the construction of the pump itself drains the batteries when not in use, so suggest removing them unless you're running the pump.

Mattress is smaller than a full-sized mattress and leaks. Can't return to Amazon, but must pay extra to ship back to manufacturer. It's a disappointment because I chose a Coleman over an Aerobed because most reviewers did not have leak issues.

It met my expectations however one has to be very careful on the "locks" coz if it isn't closed well there a possibility that you'll end up sleeping on the floor. I love it and it's even better than the mattress I had at the dorm before...Hmmm, buyers must also keep in mind that it needs frequent "maintenance" at times as you need to maybe keep on pumping air every month if you use it daily. Also, the pump doesn't include batteries! :-D

This was an excellent price for this air matress.Plus this one came with a free coleman pump!! I bought 2 full size for travel and I'm so glad I did. Pumps up fast.Deflates fast. Easy roll up and carry case to easily transport.I paid approx $62. for 2!! Can't even get one twin Aerobad for that price. My mom has the aerobed and when I told her the price she couldn't beleive it and wants me to order now for her.

Great product & Very affordable!!

My girl and I decided we were too old to sleep on the ground anymore, and I needed a compact air mattress for this seasons motorcycle camping. I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted, but ordered this because of the compact battery powered pump. When it arrived I was impressed to discover that the bed itself was actually quite a bit more compact than our previous air mattress.



It inflates and deflates easy, and in my humble opinion, it inflates and deflates very quickly - especially with batteries! I would say in about 3 minutes. This was my biggest concern (given the existing reviews), but I have to say it wasn't an issue at all.



The biggest problem for me was that it was heavy for motorcycle camping, but it was worth it for the good nights sleep (and even better next day rides!).

I purchased this based on good Amazon reviews. My husband moved our house three weeks before my 10-year-old and I finished the school year, so we stayed behind and I bought this for us to sleep on. I spent double what the cheap mattresses cost. It all works great, but I have to get up every three hours and reinflate it or else we're on the hardwood floor.

well it was great while it lasted. ordered dec 29th all of a sudden on feb 23 it stared to loose air. i am very careful. it was not damaged.

has egg crate foam on top and sheet. my back pain was gone sleeping on this thing. to bad. going to try to send back warranty says 1 year. we will see. - Camping - Mattress - Guest Bed - Air Bed'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information