Sunday 13 February 2011

P90x Resistance Bands - strength training, fitness


Until now I had never used resistance bands and in my case I purchased them with the idea of preparing me to do pull-ups for when I start P90X in a couple of months. I weigh over 200lbs and even though I have a great pull-up bar, I am still getting up to speed in actually being able to do a pull-up so the idea of using the bands to do pull-downs was a great althernative exercise to get ramped up. I chose these bands because of the advertisement that they were heavy duty, stackable and had a door attachment.



The bands seem to be very well made, the grips are comfortable and with the three of them stacked it is very tough for me to do a pull down. So either they give great resistance or I am in even worse shape than I thought! It's also very quick and easy to change out the bands if you want to only use one or a combination of two.



The only hitch I had was figuring out the door attachment which I could not find instructions on how to use. It actually fooled me because it is so simplistic, but after looking at the photos on-line I figured out that you simply put it in a doorway where you can shut the door which locks in the attachment. ProSource Set of 3 XTREME Stackable Heavy Duty Premium Latex Resistance Exercise Bands

After searching all over Amazon and the web I had a hard time finding some quality resistance bands that provided this much resistance with such a great price tag. The bands are of great quality and I received my order before the estimated delivery date. I had a question about the door anchor and the customer service support was lightning fast and very helpful. Would buy again!

Just received these bands about a week ago. Let me tell you, I had no idea that resistance bands could be so intense! First lets speak of the resistance. Simply put, extreme to say the least. These could easily accommodate any exercises I would use free weights with. These of course tend to reduce injuries often associated with improper weight lifting technique, and also can literally go anywhere with me!



Next the quality. Put bluntly, after attending school for 15 months to become a personal trainer, we were around all forms of training equipment, bands included. Even the trainer quality bands we were using at school cannot compare to these. I see virtually no way of breaking these without the use of sharp objects!



These are not the 20 dollar bands you would purchase from an athletics store. These are something altogether different, and I have to say, the insane resistance, great quality, and the mere fact you can stack them for FURTHER resistance allow these bands to do much more than others I have used. Not worrying about them breaking while putting them under heavy use is certainly a perk as well! Five out of five!



For a real challenge try these out through a full cycle of p90x, and see if you can make it! Good luck!

Compact- I was looking for something to workout with while I traveled, and didn't want to carry my heavy dumbbells around in my car. The bands are very compact and barely take up any space. I definitely don't think I'll travel without them. In addition to that I'm going to be using them at home as well because of the ease of use and ability to do so many different workouts.



Resistance- I'm a personal trainer and I workout regularly. I was looking for something to do heavy workouts with, especially for my leg, back, and chest workouts. These resistance bands aren't the ones that the elderly should use for rehab. These bands have SERIOUS resistance. At first I was wondering whether it would be enough resistance if I stacked all the bands at once. When I actually did my first chest workout, I realized that I'm not going to be stacking them for a while. I was in pain with only the purple band (lowest one). I ended up buying the lighter ones (Red and blue) to warm-up with, use for supersets, and as I am tiring out. It's not just the equivalent weight that each band gives that makes the workout intense. It's the CONSTANT resistance that makes the workout so hard. Gravity can't help you here like with dumbbells. The pamphlet that it comes with shows a handful of workouts. But there's an enormous amount of resistance band workout videos on you tube that made me realize that these bands really can replace dumbbells, in terms of weight and workout type. The only downside is if you don't know much about proper form and how to do workouts you'll need to learn from youtube videos. When you want to change the weight, you can just clip and unclip very quickly. I'd suggest buying some of the lighter ones as well (red or blue) or warming up and better stackability. I also purchased some ankle cuffs for leg and ab workouts.



Quality/Durability- At first I thought that these bands would be too strong for my old wooden door. But even with the strong resistance, I only found a tiny dent in the door's molding that I had to search for to notice. The door doesn't even squeak when I am doing the workouts. I really thought my door wouldn't handle a simple set with these bands. The actual bands are reinforced at each end so they don't snap during workouts. The metal clips are of high quality and not cheap. I don't know how these bands would snap on anyone.



Overall- Highly recommended especially for the HIGH QUALITY and LOW PRICE. The other companies were very expensive especially for high weight resistance bands. I have already recommended these bands to one of my friend who didn't think that he can replace dumbbells with these. But he has something comin'.

I had been using a couple different brands of resistance bands for P90, but thought they were a little lightweight. These looked very promising. After the first pull using the lightest band, I knew they were a winner. The lightest band in this set gives the same pull as the heaviest band in the competitors model. I am 5'9". The bands I had been using were 5 feet long. These are 4 feet long, so they get into the "power curve" a lot faster for me without having to fold the band over itself and stand on it. My arms and shoulders got a much stronger workout with these than any other bands I have used. I am very happily impressed. - P90x - Exercise Bands - Strength Training - Fitness'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


P90x Resistance Bands - strength training, fitness strength training P90x Resistance Bands - strength training, fitness