Sunday 13 February 2011

Mini Ice Trays - ice cube tray, gadgets


I started out buying two of these after reading the reviews challenging the durability of this ice tray. Since I had a few extra bucks to get to the free supersaving shipping, I figured I might as well get two just in case I break one. I am glad that i bought two, but not because I broke one. I have found that if you just gently flex the ice cube trays, 95% of the ice cubes seem to come out quite easily. When I still has 2 or 3 that wouldn't move I hit the tray against the ice cube holder and they came out pretty easily. I don't know what these other guys were doing exactly when they broke them. I mean i could see how you can easily break these if you don't pay attention, but i was able to feel how much give the trays had in their flexibility. Maybe they just got stuck on getting one out that was particularly stubborn, but when that happens i simply left it and refilled with it in and it usually came out the second time. They are fairly thick trays and the lip around the top does a really go job of preventing any spills from the sink to the freezer. Anyways, as I mentioned earlier, I am glad I bought two. I go through enough Ice to where I need two to keep a consistent full stock of ice. Arrow Plastic #55 60 Cube Plastic Ice Tray

Instead of 12 normal sized rectangular ice cubes, this mold of about the same size makes 60 ice cubes shaped like DOTS candies. If you like to eat the ice after you finish your drink, these are perfect. The mold is also very easy to level and easy to pop out. A hint of caution, though! Pop the cubes out over a large plate, then 'pour' them carefully into a cup. Otherwise, you'll lose half of them!

I scoured stores far and wide and was unable to find these ice trays. I had an ice tray like this, but as it is quite old, I could not remember where I had purchased it. Just one tray could not quench my ice addiction, so luckily my search ended here! By far the best ice trays ever, especially if you enjoy chewing ice or making smoothies (easy on the teeth and blender)! Do not buy these ice trays and expect for optimum cooling of a completely warm drink, unless you plan on using the whole tray (Highly Recommended).

I eat ice all day long, and this little ice cubes are so wonderful! The problem is you can barely twist the tray to get the cubes out, and even then they crack and eventually break in half, within a few weeks.

My husband eats ice all day every day and the tiny pieces are perfect for this. However, we have gone through literally 20 trays in the last year because they break so easily. It is nearly impossible to get the pieces out without twisting the tray. And if you twist the tray it breaks. There must be a better way to get tiny ice cubes.

I like lemon in iced tea and cola drinks. Rather than using slices of fresh lemon and then sometimes having to throw out up to 1/2 of the lemon that doesn't get used in time, I purchase lemons by the bag and juice the entire bag, freeze the juice in these perfect size cubes. After freezing is complete I store them in a plasic freezer container such as Glad or Reynolds. Then I just pop one or two into my drink along with the regular ice.

These mini ice cubes are great for making smoothies. The only issue I have is many of the smoothies I make are large (32 oz) and 5 trays only make about 2. I run them under water before trying to release them and they pop out pretty easily.

Maybe a third would release after being frozen. Some twisting and shaking and another ten would drop. Some beating and swearing and maybe another ten would release. Just not worth the effort. I just love the idea, though, irresistible. Wish it had worked. - Ice Cube Trays - Ice Cube Tray - Gadgets - Kitchen'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mini Ice Trays - ice cube tray, gadgets ice cube tray Mini Ice Trays - ice cube tray, gadgets