Monday 7 February 2011

Laptop Power Adapters - charger, dell inspiron


I ordered this along with a replacement battery for my daughter's E1505 at college. I was really hoping that the adapter and battery were going to do the trick since I had already replaced the battery on the laptop once before from Dell for three times the price.



Unfortunately, this new battery and adapter always seemed to be extremely hot to the touch. Last weekend, my daughter noticed that the plastic sleeve on the power cord running from the adapter was bubbling. When she moved the cord, the wires came through the sleeve and shorted out in a fountain of sparks.



As much as I hate to go back to Dell and pay excessive prices for a product that will last perhaps a year, I would rather do that than risk a fire or injury. NEW! AC Adapter for Dell Inspiron 1501 600M 8600 Laptop

The adapter was purchased to replace an original that came with a Dell Inspiron 1501 that died after about two years. Though inexpensive, this new one works just fine. Have had it for only three weeks. I thought that it felt a little hotter than I had expected. I checked it with a good thermometer, and it was 120 degrees. I checked an original adapter on a three year old Toshiba laptop, and it's temperature was 102 degrees. I don't have any reason to believe that the temp. of the new one is a problem.

NEW Laptop/Notebook AC Adapter Power Supply Cord for Dell Inspiron 1420 1501 1520 1521 1525 6000 6400 300M 500M 505M 600M 640M 700M 710M E1405 E1505

I am very happy with the Adapter my computer now charges.

This is my second aftermarket charger for my Dell Inspiron. It works as it should - it powers the laptop and charges the battery. Only problem is that when I turn on my radio the reception is being mangled by this adapter. Either there is not the proper shielding in the case as my other two chargers never did this or I simply received a defective unit. Either way, I'll be looking elsewhere for a replacement as I like to listen to the radio when I'm working on the computer....those who do the same should be advised that this might be a problem.

I purchased this product to replace my original dell charger that stopped working, and a little after 30 days (39 to be exact) it also stopped working. The laptop does not recognize it as being plugged in and will NOT charge at all. Terrible product I recommend you spend a little more money and go with a different seller, or make sure the one you purchase has a warranty!!!

I am very disappointed with this product. The adaptor burnt out last night and does not work anymore. I ordered the product on October 16th and it burnt out on November 17th. Not even a full month and the product does not work. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!

This is a two-piece cable and adapter. I ordered a replacement because the Laptop side of the connector was damaged.

What's odd is the Wall outlet plug side of this unit when used will not charge the battery. It will only run on A/C power and a message is displayed, "plugged in, not charging."



When I used the old plug side from the original Dell charger, it charges the battery and works just fine. So I guess this unit as a is only an a/c adapter not a charger? - Dell Inspiron - Charger - Ac Adapter - Dell Replacement Ac Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information