Monday 7 February 2011

Garmin Nuvi 200w - gps


A friend gave me a Garman Nuvi 200 with no cables. Said he just changes it on his computer using USB and then uses it on battery for his trips. I do longer trips and needed a auto charger. The one for my Blackberry (also USB) didn't work correctly in that the Nuvi went into "transfer mode". Replacements from Garmin were pretty expensive. This one was just right. Works great. Even charges my Blackberry! Gilsson 12V Cigarette Lighter Adapter for Garmin GPS Nuvi 200 250 255 350 660 755 760 785 885 Magellan 1412 4210 4250

we have a garmin that my son would "play" with at times, the original connections became weak, and our gps was then useless, we tried to cheap out and i ordered a replacement off ebay for mere dollars, and i got what i paid for.. it was broke in a week with it just staying on my windshield..

however THIS replacement cord is made more like the original, the cord isn't coiled, it is straight, which may bother some that you have extra wire to bundle up, but having this doesn't create a pull on the gps like our cheap replacement did, also this cord has a 90 degree point that inserts into the garmin like the original, which is needed for it to stay in there good, and not pull, like our cheap one..

we've had it and been using it for the last couple months with no issues at all. it keeps our gps charged and we can use it while driving which is what you need it for, unlike some of the cheaper ones.

overall, i would say it is a great purchase, would definitely buy again, save money by not trying to get the cheap ones first.

I had some trouble fitting the power cord into my Magellan Maestro GPS unit. It looked the same as the original, so I kept trying. With a little more force than I would have liked to have used on it, it finally popped in. It works great now that it's in there though.

I would just like to clarify, as I made the mistake, that this is just a basic mini-usb car charger. I already had at least three that fit into the side of the gps itself. What I was looking for was something that plugged into the holder that goes on the windshield that charges the gps while it is being used. This is not it. So look around in your house before you buy an overpriced cable that you could find anywhere.

I have suffered at the cost of my trip to a new city. I bought this and plugged it into my Garmin255W gps receiver, hoping this would work as expected. It turns out that this makes my gps restart every 5 seconds. Yes, it does not work and may cause damage to your gps.



Don't buy it. I returned this item but haven't received any refund back yet.

This unit works! The plug on the adapter which provides for mounting my NUVI 760 to the 'non-slip' Garmin pad went bad. I thought the cord I was using was bad but after reading a forum on the internet I tried a second cord which wouldn't work either.



After learning this I decided to order this one, the end of which plugs directly into the bottom of the GPS. BTW, I'm ordering a second one for my Van. - Gps'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information