Friday 3 December 2010

Speedo Goggles - speedo goggles, men


I used these and I like them. I have a big head, but these still fit! I can see the bottom of the pool with no water leaking into and no fogs. I chose smoky color, so they do not see me, but I can see them. I do not want people to recognize me; when swimming, I am like a hippo bathing after eating full lunch. Speedo Vanquisher Swim Goggle (Clear)

My daughter is on the high school swim team. She has been swimming for about 7 years now. We recently moved and she's attending a new high school. When asked what goggles he recommended, the coach opened his file cabinet and handed us a pair of Vanquisher goggles. My daughter tried them at her next practice and came home from school praising these goggles. She wears contacts in the pool and says that no water gets under these googles. She also said that they are very comfortable. I'm back to buy a couple pair for her younger sister.

UPDATE: My youngest (age 14) loves them too, and my girls never agree!

I've been using these goggles for a while now. I've tried several other goggles and the fit with the silicone is just right, and very comfortable. I thought that the silcone would wear out, but it's lasted me many swimming sessions and is still airtight (although I have to adjust the straps tigther because the silicone straps are loosening with use). Vision is good but I've had a better view with other goggles. It will also fog up slightly with extended use. Anti-fog drops or spit will fix that up. I've used them to swim in lakes (triathlon) for extended periods with no issues. I've also noticed that Speedo's quality in all of products I've tried (silicone swim caps, swim jammers) is above par. I guess that's why they're the industry leaders. It's a great pair of goggles and Amazon's got a great price on them with free shipping to boot.

These are the best selling men's swim goggles but I am not sure if they deserve to be. They need lot of adjustment to be air-tight and comfortable. Based on my experience with swim goggles for years, I think an ideal goggle has these qualities, in order of preference: Air-tight seal, after all, the main function of goggles is to protect your eyes from irritants in the pool water; Comfortable to wear, without any irritation and the commonest source of irritation is the nose piece; Clear vision; Look good; Very little drag - which could be the top priority for a competitive swimmer.



What I have found is that to get leak proof seal with most comfort, you will need to spend some time making the appropriate adjustments multiple times.



ADJUSTMENTS BEFORE THE FIRST USE



1. Press the googles against your orbits, without the straps, and see if you get a feeling of suction and how the nose piece feels.

2. Adjust the headstraps to get the most snug, not the tight, feel. You may need a blunt object like a key to get the headstraps out of the clips.

3. Adjust the nose piece to get suction and the comfortable feel. There are four nose pieces that come with these google. The nose pieces come out of the goggles with a twisting movement.



ADJUSTMENTS BEFORE EACH USE



1. Put the goggles on before getting into the water to get air-tight seal.

2. Press the goggles against the orbits, without the headstraps, to get suction and air-tight seal.



For me, it took fine tuning the strap and the nose piece, for about 5 sessions of swimming to get the right snug air-tight fit. Then it needs to be adjusted about once every 5-6 weeks.



TO MAINTAIN OPTICAL CLARITY



1. Need to store the goggles in a case, preferably water draining, with nothing rubbing against the goggles to scratch them.

2. Periodically, depending upon your use, coat them with anti-fog coating. I have been using Sea Drops Anti-Fog & Lens Cleaner 1.25 fl oz and each application lasts me about 90 laps - mile and a half of swimming.

3. Wash them after each use to prevent chemical damage.

Of course, even with anti-fog spray, sooner or later all goggles lose their optical clarity.



After, you make the right adjustments, these Vanquisher goggles, are pretty close to the ideal goggles. I just found the following two problems.



1. The nose piece is hard plastic, and nose pieces come in different sizes, and you cannot carry them all in case you need to make in adjustment while in the pool. I preferred the soft rubber adjustable nose piece in my old Speedo goggles, which had different notches for adjustment. It was soft and comfortable on the nose and you could adjust it while in the pool.

2. The case for goggles is big and hard plastic which does not drain water. Soft plastic self draining case would have been nicer.



With these minor caveats, I think these are good pair of goggles although I liked my old Speedo goggles better for the reasons mentioned above, but they are no longer available.

I have trouble with most swim goggles, because they dig into the bridge of my nose. The Vanquisher model has a higher bridge, but still has a wide field of view. They are quite comfortable, and have really made my swim training a pleasure, rather than a torture ending with an "indented" nose.

I got them yesterday and was so excited aftering trying them. For the entire 40 minutes of my lap swim, it didn't fog at all, seriously. They snuggled to my eyes tight but did not left any line. I was originally planning on purchasing the Speedo Vanquisher Women but as they don't have the colors I want (I wear contact lens therefore need more color on goggle lens to deflect some light), I went for this model and they fit well. I highly recommend this goggle. The bonus point is with extra nose piece in the case, I was able to replace it on the broken one on my old goggle and it fits well. My previous goggle was made in Japan, non-Speedo brand. - Speedo - Men - Swimming - Speedo Goggles'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Speedo Goggles - speedo goggles, men men Speedo Goggles - speedo goggles, men