Friday 3 December 2010

Glass Water Kettles - electric kettle, boil water


This kettle is so much more than what I expected. All the stovetop kettles I have used over the years took a few minutes to boil the water. This kettle takes 90 seconds, sometimes less. It is just amazing, and it shocks people when they first see it in action. Honestly, it took a while to adjust to it's speed - you get in a groove and think, OK I have this much time to get my coffee/tea/oatmeal ready while I wait for the water to boil. Then, 90 seconds later, you remember that things are different now that you own this kettle. I could not be happier with my purchase. This kettle cost the same on Amazon as it did elsewhere - but on Amazon, the shipping was monumentally less. On one kitchen supply website, they wanted to charge me $38 for ground shipping!! Not so with Amazon, very inexpensive shipping and it arrived very quickly. I am the most satisfied customer you could imagine - and this transaction typifies Amazon in my opinion: great products and great, inexpensive (but quality) service. I'd give this item and transaction 10 stars if I could.


While reading this reviews for this product (and other kettles) I was really worried about the smell issues that so many people have mentioned. But this pot has also received top reviews from other sources so I was torn. I finally decided to give it a try. We have had no problem with what so ever. What is arrived we boiled a pot of water and dumped it as suggested. And used it every day since. The water heats up quickly and the handle stays cool. Some mentioned that it the pot was noisy. I find that I like the bit of noise as I can leave the room but I can tell how far along the process is by the noise it make. And it isn't like it the sound is all that intrusive. It is easy to use and very stylish as well. A great product


I ordered the Capresso but was a little worried about the reviews which talked about a smell some people experienced when the unit was working. Got it, followed the directions and did notice the smell the first couple of times I used it. But, like other reviewers have noted, the smell goes away after a few uses. We've had it two weeks and use it two or three times a day. No smell, quick heating and great looking. you can lengthen or shorten the cord. It's great! No surprise that Americ'as test kitchen ranked it first.


It's very well designed. Boils water very quickly. The electrical cord hides safely under the base which allows you to use only as much cord as you need. The glass the thick and well-made. Has stayed in like-new condition in the two weeks under heavy use---won't need cleaning too frequently.



The glass is also good, because it doesn't look like yet another appliance on my kitchen counter----being glass, it doesn't take up much visual space. Another plus about the glass: you can see how much water is in the kettle.



The kettle fits easily on to the base. You don't need to align it just so, as with some other types of kettles. This only simply fits on to the base and can swivel in full in either direction.



The measuring markings are easy to read and were placed in a thoughtful position.



Although another reader complained about smell, I did not at all have any problem with strange smells. I don't think her/his unit is the norm.



My only complaint---which is an extremely minor one---is that there are no metric markings, only imperial (US, not UK). No big deal, really.


After searching high and low for an electric water kettle that wasn't made of plastic, I finally came across the Capresso. I was hesitant to buy it at first because of the few negative reviews I read here regarding bad tasting water, possible plastic, and a bad smell. I finally went ahead with the purchase after a fruitless search for an alternative. I'm glad I did! This kettle is wonderful. It heats the water up very quickly and I've had no problems with bad tasting water or a bad smell. Though the lid is plastic, the heating element at the bottom of the pot is clearly stainless steel, not plastic. I heartily recommend the Capresso.


The Capresso glass kettle is an efficient, user-friendly, reliable, attractive appliance. It is doubtful that the faint plastic odor which is noticeable when it is new affects the quality or safety of the boiled water. We purchased it approx. 1 month ago and use it several times daily. We are on well water and boil all of our drinking water with the kettle. There is no strange taste. I have used Durgol, a Swiss decalcifier, once to remove the mild mineral deposits on the heating bulb. The deposits on the heating bulb cleared up and the glass is crystal clear. We enjoy using this kettle (we have owned other brands) and hope that it will be a dependable product for a long

time for all who purchase it.


Capresso H2O Plus Glass Water Kettles




  • Cordless glass water kettle lifts easily from 360-degree swivel base

  • 1-1/2-quart capacity; German Schott glass with min/max markings

  • Concealed heating element; auto shut-off upon boiling for added safety

  • Generous handle with slip-free, textured underside ensures a secure grip

  • Measures 6-1/4 by 8 by 9 inches; 1-year limited warranty



After reading a lot of reviews here at Amazon, I decided I didn't want a plastic kettle. I was also leery of the metal ones because they get so hot. I found one metal one I decided to purchase, and it was no longer available. When I searched on electric kettles again, this one had been added. Many of the reviews were positive, and we liked the idea of boiling in glass, so we decided to give it a try. It's been in daily use for almost 20 months now, multiple times on some days, and we couldn't be more pleased. It heats the water incredibly quickly. The auto shut off is a great safety feature, and I like the soft base which protects your counter when using the carafe away from the base. It's easy to clean, and it looks nice. We've recommended it to several friends, and they are all happy with their purchases. One truth in advertising fact - the "polished chrome" is really plastic, but that doesn't detract from the usability of this great kettle. Great value, durable item, well worth the money. If ours breaks, we will replace it with another just like it - we like it that much. - Capresso - Tea Kettle - Electric Kettle - Boil Water'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information