Friday 3 December 2010

Makeup Remover - wipes, refills


"unscented" yet contains fragrance with the disclaimer **for masking purposes only. The ingredients are listed in the Amazon description so it's not a surprise. I'd generally shop for unscented products to avoid fragrances. While this product omits the fragrance of pleasant aroma, less scented would be a better description for this product than unscented.

I had always used Huggies natural wipes but decided to give this a try since they were around the same price and this ones had aloe. Bad choice! They are sticky, scented and kinda slimy. When you take them out of the tub, instead of only one coming out, it was more like 3. Most of the time the other two were shoved back into the tub since I did not want to waste them but that just made it harder to get another wipe once the shoved ones were used. In general I do not recommend.

I usually use the unscented wipes but ordered these thinking they were the same, I did not realize the aloe would make the wipes so sticky, they are no good for wiping hands and face when out b/c they leave his skin very sticky (and mine since I use them to wipe my own hands a lot). I am holding the rest of the box for use on our newborn instead as she will not need them for hands or face only bottom wiping and the aloe I am sure is great for helping heal diaper rash bottoms.

I just make sure I get the regular unscented now without the aloe.

These wipes leave a very sticky residue on your skin after wiping with them. I am presuming it is the aloe in them. They are also overly moist. I know that may not sound like a bad thing, but the extra moistness combined with the stickiness of the aloe makes them hard to separate. You end up using more than you need because they don't really come out one at a time. And lastly, the description says that the extra packages are resealable & can be used on-the-go, but this is NOT true. The extra packages are only for the plastic box dispenser.

It says they are unscented, but I still smell a scent although it doesn't seem to irritate my baby's skin. It also feels a little "soapy" and there is a sticky film after I wipe my baby's hands or counter/high chair surfaces. I think the Kirland (costco brand) unscented wipes are much better.

The wipes themselves were fine... but, unlike other brands, there's no sticky flap on the individual packages. So, if your big wipe container breaks, you need to find a new wipe holder. And, you can't just throw the individual plastic bag in your diaperbag. Big disadvantage for us.

We've been using Pampers Unscented with Aloe wipes since our son was born. He's 14 months old now. Recently it seems Pampers may have changed the ingredients in these wipes. I say this because now they seem to give our son a diaper rash. The ingredients say there is fragrance for masking purposes. (I think that is what causes the rash. Pampers Sensitive Wipes have no fragrance and our son doesn't get a rash with those). I don't have an old box to compare but the smell seems different. This is speculation because I can't look up the old ingredients. The name of the new wipes is "Pampers SoftCare Unscented Wipes". As of this writing, Amazon has not updated the picture that accompanies these wipes so read carefully.

We've used pampers unscented for years and loved them. However, the newer updated version, as posted here on Amazon, is different than pictured. Also, we don't like the new scent (even though it says "unscented")

The description says these are resealable, but they are not. They come with one big refill tub, but all of the refill packages are sealed - so once you open them they cannot be resealed. This doesn't work for my household as I have the wipes in several locations and do not have tubs everywhere. I will keep using the Costco wipes where each package has a snap top.

These wipes seem to work as well as any. They are thick and do not fall apart during use, even when doing "heavy wiping". My only complaints are with the dispenser. First, the wipes often fall back inside and then you have to thread them back through. Second, when you try to pull a wipe out with one hand, you often get two or three stuck together. Neither of these are that big of a deal though, so I still rate the product 4 stars. - Unscented - Wipes - Pampers Wipes - Refills'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information