Friday 3 December 2010

Green Laser Pointer - powerpoint, laser pointer


I bought the wireless presenter pro because I give a lot of powerpoint presentations in college lectures and guest presentations for various groups. First the good: It works great when it works. It has a nice hand feel to it and the transmitter fits neatly into a little compartment inside the pointer unit for storage. The functions are all you really need (forward, back, black screen) and the green laser pointer is nice and bright - much better than a red laser. It comes with a sturdy little storage case. The Bad: It is very unreliable as to whether it will work on any given computer. The USB transmitter unit is frequently not recognized by the computer and therefore the only thing that works is the laser pointer. I have tried probably 7 different computers in the last week, both macs and PCs, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If it does work on a computer, it seems to always work on that computer, so if you only use one computer, you will probably be OK. I have solved the problem by trying different USB ports on computers, by unplugging other USB peripherals that might be causing some confusion, and by making sure the powerpoint presentation is loaded before plugging in the presenter. BUT, when you are walking into a room to give a guest presentation on their setup, who has time for all that messing around? Last week, I was one of two guest presenters at a meeting. I could not get my Kensington presenter to be recognized by the computer. The next speaker walked up and plugged in her presenter exactly the same way and it worked instantly. Grrr. In short, I would not buy this presenter again and I may be returning it. Kensington K72353US Wireless Presenter Pro with Green Laser Pointer

The new Kensington Wireless presenter was great. I am a Technology Coordinator at a K-8 school and used it during a parent/student ribbon pinning ceremony. It worked great and had great range. It allowed me to stay out of the way and just go from baby picture to baby picture without me obstructing the parents' view of the baby pictures. I highly recommend the product. Kensington also has another wireless presenter that includes memory in the receiver. Both models are great. I especially liked the fact that the Kensington K72353US has a green laser which shows up better against the light from my LCD projectors and it comes with a case for it. The Presenter has an on/off switch so the case insures that the power won't go on until needed. Feel free to contact me if any questions. jeinbinder@me.com

I usually don't get that excited about things like wireless presenters, but the Kensignton K72353US is amazing! In addition to being perfectly weighted (it falls into your palm rather that out), the laser on it can go straight across my neighborhood (I tested it outside) and on a more practical note even shows up against a flat screen TV. I got caught in my last training showing my slides on a big, wall mounted TV and my red laser pointer didn't show up at all. Kensignton cures this. It totally rocks!

This is a great wireless controller! It is much more "responsive" than my previous Logitech Cordless 2.4 Presenter. But what really sets it apart is the brilliant green laser pointer. In all rooms, but especially rooms that are not dark, the green pointer is MUCH easier to see and to use.

I have a couple laser pointers. I got this one since it had a green laser which is useful for longer distances, brighter rooms, and certain types of screens. This is a great little unit and I would recommend it to anyone. I still find myself comparing it to my Kensington 33374 Wireless Presenter with Laser Pointer.

Pros: Comes with a case, affordable, Green laser pointer.

Cons: Has a separate power button rather than a "power off" function while the transmitter is inserted into the Kensington 33374 Wireless Presenter. I sometimes forget to turn this one on because I never have to worry about that with my other one. It has a power switch to save batteries because it fits very tight in it's case and will surely press the buttons while it's in the case. I know me and I will surely forget to turn it off from time to time. I always carry spare batteries for this and some other devices I use just in case.



This is a great product I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. I'd be 5 stars if the insertion of the transmitter turned off power like my other one.

I replaced a similar product with the Kensington, which literally addressed all of the separate issues we were experiencing with other presentation mouse / pointer products our presenters used. The green laser is extremely visible, and the storage compartment for the USB dongle is perfectly designed. We've used the device on a half dozen of our laptops so far, and it sets up and operates perfectly every time. Perhaps most importantly, the design is clean and clutter free- just the basic controls a presenter needs. Very intuitive and easy to use. We highly recommend this product, especially for the reasonable price. - Powerpoint - Laser Pointer - Remote - Green Laser Pointer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information