Sunday 10 May 2009

Yoga Mats Strap


This yoga sling is easy-to-use and lightweight but will not fit extra-large mats. The strap is unpadded and a little uncomfortable to carry for an extended period.



This sling holds my Manduka eKO 71-Inch 5mm Yoga Mat comfortably, with a little space to spare. I think it would hold the 71" Manduka BlackMatPro (which is about 1.25mm thicker), but an extra-long would not fit.



The strap design makes the sling easy to carry horizontally. Slung vertically over my shoulder, it angles a bit under my arm (doesn't sit flat against my back). The unpadded strap is a little uncomfortable on my shoulder with the heavy Manduka mat, and would probably chafe during a longer walk.



It's hard to argue with the this sling's low price. For short car-to-studio walks, recommended. YogaDirect Deluxe Yoga Mat Harness Sling, Black/Purple (Mat Not Included)

Solid basic harness.



Fits my Gaiam extra thick 5mm yoga mat perfectly, with room to spare. I'd imagine if you have a slightly thicker mat it'd fit that too.



Straps around mat are adjustable, shoulder strap is not, but it fits comfortably over your shoulder so you can walk/bike with it.



It does what it should and seems like it's well made.

You get what you pay for with this item. Decent quality and the colors a nice. I wish the belt snaps were farther/wider apart, that way when you carry your yoga mat, it doesn't seem lopsided. But that's not a big deal.

I have just verified that my Manduka BlackMatPro fits in the sling! I now own two of these mat slings and love them both! I use both the Manduka BlackMatPro and the Manduaka Prolite mats, this is a nice way to transport a heavier mat as I don't care for the traditional mat bag. This particular sling features buckles on the straps, which I much prefer to the velcro that Gaiam uses on their slings.

I was worried when I first purchased this harness sling that it may not fit around my mat, but I'm happy to say that it does! I have an extra long mat and it is 1/4-inch thickness. It's a great deal. The only thing I'm not crazy about is that the actual part that goes around your body is not adjustable in length.

This is a fine yoga strap, especially for the price, but beware that the only part that's adjustable are the loops that go around the mat. Everything else (distance between those smaller loops, the larger loop that serves as a carry strap) is of fixed length.

This strap is amazing. It fits great across my body so going to class is really easy. This strap buckles and tightens so it can hold almost any size of mat. I have a really long 1/4in mat and with the buckles tightened it fits nice and snug. I believe there were a few complaints about the distance between the two buckles. I do not find this a problem and think that it is perfect. I would recommend this strap to everyone! The colors are great too and it matches my magenta colored mat.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Yoga Mats Strap Yoga Mats Strap Yoga Mats Strap