Sunday 10 May 2009

B000f3i5zy - stapler, hardwood


This item is a great assett to anyone that does engineered flooring installation. Very visible staple cartridge. No jambs and accurate on every shot. Consistant depth control. Ran this tool on a 2 gallon air compressor and had no problems Bostitch LHF97125-2 Floor Runner Laminated Hardwood Flooring Stapler for 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch Flooring

Bought this from Amazon when they were running a promo. Used the staples recommended by Amazon (German made) as well as Bostich staples bought at Home Depot. Installed Mirage Engineered Hardwood floor due to online and distributor reviews (cannot buy Mirage online any longer, but has an excellent distribution network as far as I can see).

The stapler worked flawlesly for over 7500 staples. Back in box and looks new. I take of the tools and don't use pneumatic staplers as a general purpose hammer or bottle opener.

Minor complaint: has no 'empty' indicator. Ran out once or twice and had to go back over last plank to find last staple point. Get in the habit of checking the magazine.

Very light, easy to use. Size and weight of stapler was one reason I used engineered instead of solid wood in this application (second floor bedrooms, 2 5/8" plywood sheets as subfloor, so did not need any increased stiffness from hardwood floor, such as 3/4 solid may provide.)

With some care, you can start using the stapler from the second course outwards, which is very nice, esp in closets.

Worked flawlessly to lay 600sq/ft of 3/8" solid Brazillian Redwood from BellaWood. Make sure you grab this gun for the hard solid woods as I rented the LHF97125-2 first and it wouldn't push the 20ga staples all the way through.

If looking for an accurate and time saving tool this is the way to go. No wiping away messy glue just set the Floor Runner to the proper height of your laminate floor and run with it. The angle of the staples push the seems together for a good tight fit leaving no gaps.

I used this gun to install about 100 sq feet of Bruce/Armstrong Natural Reflections Oak flooring. It made the install go super smooth with no major issues. Jammed maybe once and it took a few minutes to get a feel for it. Once you get going it is amazing. I highly recommend it.

It will staple engineered flooring down but be prepared for more than a few bent and twisted staples. Unless you apply heavy pressure against the flooring the bent staples will damage the edge and you will need to remove it. Perhaps I have a lemon and you will have better luck than I did. Hope it works better for you than it did for me.

Recently purchased this product to lay down enginered flooring. It is definately worth the cost as it makes a challenging job a lot easier. The main obsticle I had was finding the correct staples locally. I actually found them in Home Depot in their tool rental area. My local Home Depot rents this same model out (if you can get it) which always gives me some confidence in its sturdiness.



If your going to lay engineered flooring ... get this product.

This is my first time using a flooring stapler. It took me a while to get used to the proper positioning to get the staples at the inside edge of the tongue of the boards. After that every thing went smoothly.

We are in the construction/residential remodeling business in Florida. Most homes here are built on a concrete slab so we have installed many hardwood floors by gluing them...not fun, but necessary. We recently remodeled a frame home with plywood sub-floors and finally had the opportunity to use staples for the installation, so ordered this tool. What a time saver!! It worked like a charm throughout the entire 2300 sq. foot installation. No glitches, no jamming up of the staples. I just wish there were more wood frame structures down this way! Highly recommended!

My previous hardwood installs were done with adhesive, and I wasn't about to go through that mess again, so I decided to buy a stapler. I research heavily before I make a purchase such as this, and as usual, it paid off. I drove about 4000 staples on the first job with this stapler and it went great! It was easy to set up, easy to use, lightweight but not cheaply made, and the learning curve was smooth and easy! As long as you make certain the stapler is positioned correctly on the board you're good to go. Once you get it positioned, you just slide it along the board and fire however often you want. I stapled every two inches approximately. I tend to go into overkill, but I didn't want squeaks. This was much easier and faster and cleaner than using adhesive, and with the price of manufacturer-approved adhesives being what they are, this stapler is a real bargain, considering I can use it on future jobs. - Cpo Bostitch - Flooring - Hardwood - Stapler'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


B000f3i5zy - stapler, hardwood cpo bostitch B000f3i5zy - stapler, hardwood