Monday 31 October 2011

Convertible Pants - men, breathable


Good water protection. They didn't offer an option in these pants in terms of "short" or "tall" lengths. They are a tall fit. I usually wear 34/30 pants. I ordered these pants in large. The waist fit is great but they are probably a 34 length. A bit shorter would be ideal. It would be best if they offered short and tall options. large is your size if you wear 34/34 pants. Columbia Men's Thunderstorm II Pant,Black,L

Light-weight and relatively inexpensive product. I bought these in one size larger in order to fit over my regular pants. Might need a slight alteration to adjust the length, but otherwise these definitely work well.

I got these for working and walking outside on snowy days. They cut the wind, repel the snow, keep me warm and dry without being bulky. They are light shell protection, comfortable, have pocket holes to get into your pants pockets and a sturdy draw string for your waist. They are now available in short lengths but I still had to hem mine and its held up fine because the material is good quality.

I bike year-round in New York City and I bought these pants to keep packed in my bike bag. The first two weeks I had them I used them almost every day. Very happy with the range of movement and breathability. I have the Columbia Omni-tech shell and I am equally happy with that as well.

After trying to get-by with some super-economy rain gear (which promptly fell apart), I was looking for a solid and cost effective solution for cycling to work in Oregon (Fall/Winter/Spring is either cold, wet, or cold and wet :).

My commute is short (about 10 minutes), so I wanted something I could easily slide over my office garb, and these ended up doing the trick. (My initial hopes were to get the set that our Costco's carry each year (I know SEVERAL people who have and LOVE them for general use), but my timing was a little off)



Since I'm all legs, and 6'3", I was keen on the reviews saying that the legs run long.

Nonetheless, I still ordered the Large-Talls. I'm happy I did.

If my primary use was in a standing position, the Large may have sufficed, but the extra length works well for my application.



They're still pretty new, and are holding up great so far (I've got about 50 cycling hours in on them). They've kept me completely dry, and have been great at keeping arctic breezes from chilling to the bone.

I used it at the last 49er game. Even thought it did not rain much durning the day. It was comfortable and easy to use. I'm not sure if the pocket access will keep out water in a down pour. If the fabric is really waterproof. It will keep you dry. I was a bit long for me but you can roll it up or hemp it.

thunderstorm II is definitely what you need for rainy days. it is packable and light so you can easily carry and use it over your regular pants when you need. order one size larger for using over regular pants. - Skigear - Cycling - Breathable - Men'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Convertible Pants - men, breathable cycling Convertible Pants - men, breathable