Saturday 3 September 2011

Wireless Presenter


This is a great item. It does exactly what it says it will. You get back and forward buttons, as well as buttons to start the presentation and to blank (or unblank) the screen. There is also a laser pointer.



It is small and runs on two standard batteries. The doggle stores in the base and the whole think comes with a case.



My XP laptop running Powerpoint 2003 recognized it instantly and required zero configuration.



My only complaint is that the laser pointer is fairly weak and does not show up very clearly in a bright room. I also wish the technology were there to allow it to communicate without a doggle. Bluetooth? Probably not enough range. What about Wifi? Can Wifi make this sort of connection? In any event, this works really well and I would wholeheartedly recommend it.



One important thing is that it is small enough to fit in your palm and you can fairly easily hide it from view.



Also, I have not noticed any interference with wireless mics. Logitech Wireless Presenter R400 with Red Laser Pointer

This item has a very nice feel and appearance. But in using it, I found that the laser button is positioned too closely to the Next and Previous buttons. I would frequently touch one when intending to touch another. I am purchasing a different brand where the keys are more separated.

I'm a retired Fire Captain and now a volunteer Instructor for the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) in the valley. I needed a Presenter/Pointer to assist me when I take my laptop and computer projector out to make presentations. I've used other Power Point Presenters / Laser Pointers before, but they were two seperate remotes --- this combination Logitech Presenter / Pointer is the greatest! It's really lightweight, comfortable, and works really well during my presentations. I'm surprised they haven't raised the price on it --- I'd still buy it!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information