Saturday 3 September 2011

Accessory - glove, kindle 3


...to satisfy me. But the main reason I felt prompted to review it is that there are no reviews yet and one thing needs to be shared that will likely affect your decision in purchasing this sleeve. As you can see in the picture, there is a small spot on the upper right side with "BELKIN" written on it. What you probably can't tell, however, is the fact that it's written on a separate material that's not as soft as the knitted sleeve (if you've seen a Jansport backpack, it's like the material sewed on above the pouch with "JANSPORT" written on it), and its edge is a bit scratchy. The problem is that it goes over the opening to the inside. When you slide the kindle in or out, the potential to scratch it is huge. It may not seem obvious at first, but with constant use, vertical scratch marks on the kindle is a possibility.



Luckily, I noticed this potential issue early on, and I've resolved to folding the opening outwardly (like rolling up sleeves on a shirt) before I take the kindle out, so that the scratchy part doesn't touch the kindle. I don't unfold it until the kindle is back in (for convenience) and this has been working out just fine.



Two more (very minor) things. They don't really bother me, but probably worth mentioning for someone looking for a more in-depth review. The first is that it can be kind of difficult to put the kindle back in, especially with the sleeve straightened out. But since I leave the sleeve folded outward until I put the kindle back in, it's much easier. Secondly, the sleeve arrived with a (kind of) smell, as all new products like this usually do. You have to put your nose right against it for it to bother you, so it's no big deal. I just aired it out in front of a fan for a few hours so that the smell would completely go away. But again, these two issues really were nothing.



Finally, I love its simple design (I'm a less-is-more kind of guy) and the fact that the opening is firmer/tighter, making it hard for the kindle to just slip out. All in all, I'm very satisfied with this thing. Belkin Knit Kindle Sleeve (Fits 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle), Black/White

I picked this cover because, to be honest, it was the cheapest one. I wanted something to cover my kindle that didn't cost a lot. I already invested in the kindle, books of course, and a cute skin. So, I just needed something to protect my kindle. For those reasons, I give it a fair 3 stars, as that is exactly what it does. I do not like how it looks. It looks like a big sock over my kindle. So, for that reason, I don't love it. But if you are looking for something inexpensive that will protect your kindle, this will work fine.

I have recently got the 3rd-gen Kindle and decided I should get a case for it. Most of the cases available are those leather-bound jackets, which add unnecessary weight and bulk to the Kindle. Luckily, this case does not. It is just a soft fabric and adds little to no weight at all. Although it looks thin in the pictures, it is actually pretty thick. Its more like sweater material. Even so, I would not want to drop the Kindle even with the case, but if I did I think the case would help soften the blow. The Kindle fits perfectly in it, tight like a glove. I don't think the device could slide out of the sleeve by itself. Its nice and snug. I use the Kindle mostly in my house, I don't travel with it much. So if you use the Kindle on a commute, it may be more convenient to get one of the jacket-style cases, as they are easier to close up real fast and move with. With this sleeve you would have to store it in your bag and then take it out when you're done. Not a huge deal, but maybe a problem for some. However if you use the Kindle mostly at home, then this sleeve is much better. That is because when reading you don't have to bother with holding the case, so it makes the Kindle lighter and more versatile. Well worth the money.

The feel of the fabric is pleasant to the touch and fits the Kindle(3rd generation) well. While the Kindle is inside, the top of the kindle alligns approximately to the upper most line of the decorative stripe, leaving about an inch of extra space in the sleeve. The perimeter of this extra inch of fabric is particularly more "tight" than the rest of the fabric and has an "elastic" quality-- making the mouth of the sleeve more narrow, preventing the kindle from falling out if it were to be hung upside down or tossled around. Sleeve is also fairly thick and not likely to be damaged easily. I trust putting it in a purse, traveling bag, or backpack, without damgage to the kindle or the sleeve itself.



One of the more affordable, simple, and good quality sleeves, imo. I did also remove the "Belkin" brand off the top of the sleeve to avoid any potential scratching while pulling the Kindle in and out of the sleeve.

I wanted something that I can use to carry around my kindle. I like how small the kindle is and I didn't want to get a cover that wraps around it. So I decided to get a holder for it just for carrying it around in my bag.



Pros:



- It's soft and won't scratch the device.

- There are a few colors to choose from, and all of them are fine. I picked the midnight blue color.

- It fits the kindle well without any part of the kindle sticking out.

- The fabric is tough enough that it feels like it will protect the kindle. It's soft or thin, which is a good thing.



Cons:



- The opening is a bit tight, which is good when the kindle is in (it won't slip out), but it does make it somewhat difficult to put the kindle back in.

- I'm pretty sure that this isn't going to fit the Kindle 2, as it is quite snug on the Kindle 3.



Overall, happy with it. It's compact and barely takes up any space. - Kindle 3 - Glove - Kindle 3 Covers - Cover'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


glove Accessory - glove, kindle 3