Sunday 4 September 2011

Well Worth The Money - portable laptop stand, laptop stand


I have tried other stands which worked but were too easily upset due to their light weight. I finally purchased the Stabile Steel iPad stand from Amazon.com and am very happy with it. I avoided the purchase at first due to it being much more expensive than what I had been using. However, I now have found that it truly was worth the price for me. It is very stable and grips the iPad very well to avoid slipping from the stand even if you tilt it somewhat in moving the stand from place to place. I consider this stand a real winner!



This stand is not only handy for my iPad, but I also get good use of it for supporting my Kindle DX, when I am using it to read e-books.



Placing the stand on a lap desk makes a very convenient, hands-free, combination for viewing the iPad or Kindle while relaxing in my recliner. Thought Out Stabile iPad 2 Stand - Silver

The stand looks great and the steel portion is very solid in construction. However, after about a month of use the rubber pads that the ipad rests on peeled of, in particular the ones at the bottom of the ipad rest. The culprit is an adhesive that just does not last. While this can be fixed by reattaching the rubber pads with a higher quality double sided tape, I just do not feel I should have to do that after this short of a time on an item with this kind of a price tag. Thus, only 4 points from me.

This stand for the ipad surpasses anything else out there. Most of the stands on the market are designed to hold the ipad without a case and that fact is sometimes overlooked when purchasing. My ipad is encased in a switcheasy Cara case so it's fairly thick and I don't like removing the cases from my electronics rather it be the ipad, ipod, phone, etc. It's too much of a hassle with some of the more protective cases. My husband has a Piel leather case that also works with this stand.



This products does not move around and holds my ipad securely in vertical or horizontal position with the case on. It doesn't move when you touch the screen. It remains quite steady even while sitting on uneven surfaces such as the towel that I use to cover my printer when not in use. I haven't had any problems with the pads on the bottom of the unit or the ones that secure the ipad as some people have. I think the problem is because of the rough finish on the stand, it's difficult to apply die cut pads and expect them to stay in place. In my opinion a little gorilla glue will fix that. The only reason I gave this product 4 stars is because you can't adjust the angle and it's a bit pricey.



I don't necessarily have a problem with the angle unless I have it sitting on top of my printer, but I can see why some people would complain about it not being adjustable. Also, if you are looking for a stand to travel with I would not recommend this item as it is heavy and designed to be a more permanent fixture in the home or office.



Anyone looking for sturdy traveling stands that stay in place, I would recommend the Jadu Skadoosh, It's a well machined piece of metal and heavier than most traveling stands but folds to a compact size and holds the ipad with a case and also has adjustable angles and comes with a traveling pouch.

Best stand I've tried. The siliver finish is a greath match and the stand design fits the iPad perfectly. The weight of this stand is its biggest strength--I can touch the screen, operate the volume/lock buttons or press the home key without worry of my iPad flying off the stand (in either portait or landscape position). Some users may not static viewing angle (no adjustment features) but the angle works well for pretty much any type of use. I am considering buying another one for my desk at work.

This item meets my expectations and fills the need to provide a stable stand for my iPad. I had looked at numerous stands in stores and online and kept coming back to this one. It is heavy enough to support the iPad without being top heavy. It does not slide. The iPad does not slide when placed on it. The iPad fits with or without the case. The iPad can be placed in portrait or landscape position. The height and angle are great for viewing as well as keyboarding. It looks great. The Stabile stand has everything I want -- I bought it -- good decision!

The steal is nice and thick as are the rubber bumpers and feet. The Apple iPad 2 Smart Cover magnets make the cover adhere and wrap over the back--kind of a cool bonus. The weight is ideal for the touch screen--no movement at all. The angle is perfect as well. I don't think anyone could envision a better iPad stand.

The Thought Out Stabile iPad stand is rugged, stable and heavy enough not to topple over (I'll explain later).



My iPad sits on this stand in either portrait or landscape orientation and does not move, even when pressing on the screen.



I am extremely happy with the weight of the product and the fact that it is slightly bottom heavy which reduces its tendency to tip over.



Now for how I use this stand. I carefully balance the stand on the arm of my recliner chair and it stays put even while using the iPad or *gasp* moving the chair back and forth between the three reclining positions (one being like a normal chair with no recline). If the stand is balanced properly, I have no problems at all.



All in all an excellent product that looks great and is durable. - Excellent - Laptop Stand - Ipad Stand - Portable Laptop Stand'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information