Sunday 4 September 2011

Scooter Radio Flyer First Scooter - pre-kindergarte, toddlers scooter


I searched and searched for the perfect scooter for my little boy and I found it!! This little scooter is his absolute favorite thing we own. The 3 big wheels ride so smooth over rough roads or our carpet. He rides this thing all over the house all day long pretending to "drive" to different places. I bought it for him to get some exercise and he has come up with 100 different ways to use it for pretending- who knew? My son never gets tired of riding this scooter- he loves doing it inside and on nice days he loves taking it out just as much. The bell is really the icing on the cake too- he loves being able to ding at me to get out of the way!! This thing was worth every single penny. Radio Flyer Little Red Scooter

My three year old loves scooters and is getting pretty good at riding one. The only problems with this scooter, which is well made and durable, are that it's too short for kids over 3 years (deck length, not height), and the back wheel configuration means that if they go outside and try to ride more than just around the living room, they will get a huge egg on their ankle from pushing the scooter then trying to bring their foot onto the deck.



Other reviews mention the scooter being too short, but I thought they meant height, and since my child is smaller than average, I thought it wouldn't be a problem. What the reviewers have correctly identified is a deck that is way too short for children over 3.



In addition to not having enough room on the board part of the scooter, my child keeps knocking his foot and ankle into the widely placed back wheels. He has average motor skills, but we have to get him a new scooter, after just one month, because he's black and blue from bashing into the back wheels on rides around the neighborhood. he doesn't have this problem in the house, because he doesn't get enough successive strides to get going in a rhythm inside. Based on trials with other kids' scooters at the playground, we're going to get a Kick rather than a Razor or another Radio Flyer.



The price is right on this scooter, if you can deal with the tears and the huge purple ankle welts in the bathtub...

Our daughter wanted a scooter for her fifth birthday. I was very pleased to find this solid, sturdy, Radio Flyer model. (I am especially glad to avoid buying a scooter with a licensed-character on it.) She was ecstatic when she received it and couldn't wait to ride it. She caught on very quickly and loves zooming around on it. The included streamers and bell are a great bonus. As far as educational value, she is learning coordination and judgment and safety skills. Regarding durability, she has used it nearly every day for one month and it is holding up very well.

This scooter is great for 2-5 year-olds. It is well built, attractive, and fun. However, I only gave it 4 stars because the sand paper-like grip for little feet that is attached to the base is already coming off of one of the scooters- after only 2 weeks of use. Other than that, we are very happy with our scooters and so are my boys!

My 5 year old wanted a scooter like her brother's, but she isn't quite ready for a razor scooter. So I got her this one. After scraping her ankle on the back wheels numerous times, she is now very reluctant to ride it. The back wheels jut out quite far. If you want a 3-wheel scooter, I recommend getting one with the two wheels in the front.

The Radio Flyer Little Red Scooter is a great 3-wheeler for learners;however, the age 3-7 years is not appropriate. My grandson is an average height 4-year-old, but the scooter is too short for him. This is more for 2-3 years old size. The base is a little short, and the handlebars do not raise high enough for a child over 36" tall.

We got this Radio Flyer Scooter for my daughters 4th birthday and LOVE it. Sturdy and well built. My 4 year old nephew loves to ride it also. At first i thought my daughter was too young, but once she figured it out, its amazing to see 4 year olds with developing motor skills. They take it outside all the time, down the driveway, over the grass with the large wheels. Now that its cold outside, we've wiped the wheels clean and it runs around the house, over the slate tile and even carpet. Great excercise and my daughter has given up her tricycle. - Radio Flyer - First Scooter - Toddlers Scooter - Pre-kindergarte'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information