Sunday 4 September 2011

Asus Eee 1000h - asus eee, imac


This is an easy, painless upgrade for any mini notebook or netbook that comes with only a factory 1G ram. I was able to intstall the 2G within less than 5 minutes and almost immediately after opening my Asus PC Eee 1000HA. The trick to upgrading the memory on the Asus is you MUST go into Bios and turn off the original 1G then updated to 2G then go to Bios again to turn on what you just turned off before rebooting computer. Sounds complicated...it isn't. I actually went onto YouTube, searched for "upgrade Asus to 2G" found a step by step video, followed it and Poof....DONE! Easy, simple and it works. Save time and check out the videos before adding gig. It is really simple, pops out and pops in. Faster memory in the blink of an eye. Kingston ValueRAM 2 GB 667MHz PC2-5300 DDR2 SODIMM Memory (KVR667D2S5/2G)

I had the same problem when I first installed the ram, XP only showed the 1GB, called up Asus and they said go into the BIOS screen ... which showed the 2GB, save those setting and start up windows ... BAM, 2gb or ram. Trust me I'm not a computer genius but I was ready to send it back ASAP but glad I didn't



Memory works great, IF you're in California and have a FRY's electronic store around you, don't buy it online. They have it far less with mail in rebates and you can return it if it doesn't work. Just my suggestion

The upgrade from 1 GB to 2 GB memory works fine for my Eee PC 1000H. It speeds up the functionality of this little laptop enough to run multiple applications and not slow it down. I got the memory module really fast and as expected, brand new. Kingston memory rocks. Do yourself a favor and go on Youtube to watch various computer tutorials how to speed up, clean up and tweak your computer for faster and better performance. It's free and you'll be amazed how much nonsense is running in the background once you boot up. Good luck and have fun.

It was literally a snap to install. I watched a couple of YouTube clips to double check how it is done. Nothing to it. The video on my laptop now runs more smoothly and multiple opened applications respond more quickly. Worth the price!!

If you have an ASUS EEPC under 1000HA or 1000H this RAM is the one you want to get. First time install and it recognized the 2 gig. Some people complain about recognizing 1 gig only on other brands, but quality RAMs from kingston or corsair is my personal choice.



Crucial is good too. Don't get OCZ I've had problems with those ram both in my netbook AND desktop.



If you have a EEEPC 1000 series, be sure to turn off your boot-booster in BIOS before you install it and turn it back on after you are done.

If you are looking to upgrade your Asus EEE PC 900, or similar model, this is the way to go!



I have never had Kingston ram before, but the overwhelming majority of users on eee pc forums state this had the most compatibility and highest success rates after installation.



This stick of ram is very affordable and ups the performance of your laptop. you can run more applications at once, or keep more tabs open!



Also the package is easy to open! just paper stickers to rip and its open and easily pops out!



Its very easy to remove and install this stick of ram under your laptop, remove 2 screws and open the ram panel underneath, press outward on ram attachment tabs and ram should pop up, remove and replace, press down, close hatch, screw in screws. and you are done! XP instantly recognizes ram.



Look no further for a easy and cheap upgrade for your machine!

I confess, I only watched the computer pro switch out my ram. I felt foolish!!! He removed one screw, then an ASUS sticker that concealed a second screw, which he then removed. He popped out the 1G Ram, popped in the Kingston ValueRAM 2 GB 667MHz PC2-5300 DDR2 SODIMM Memory (KVR667D2S5/2G)and closed up the computer, reinserting the two small screws. The process took less than 5 minutes. My eee900 saw the 2G immediately. I could have done the switch out myself and saved more $$ than I paid for the new memory.



Now, I'm going to have Ubuntu 10.04 Remix for netbooks installed and have the preloaded Linux OS and programs that came with the eee900 removed. I have the eee900 built without a hard drive; rather a 20 GB partitioned SSD; 4 & 16. I dropped in a 16G SDHC card that I already owned and bought 32G thumb drive for $39.95. I now have a terrific little netbook with a 2010 operating system and 64G of data storage. Although Ubuntu 10.04 Remix for netbooks is open source and free, I didn't have the knowledge how to download it to a USB flash drive to load it into the eee900. I literally searched the web for a source for the OS on a USB flash drive. The Ubuntu source page says that they're planning to make CDs and flash drives for sale with these OSs, but not so, now. The only place I could find the program on a USB flash drive was Osdisc.com



If you have a netbook like mine, with 1G of Ram, check out what you need to upgrade it to 2G and do it. Some published reviews said I wouldn't see a difference in performance. They're wrong! I noticed a change in speed/performance immediately. - Apple - Asus Eee - Macintosh - Imac'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information