Sunday 4 September 2011

Networking Cables


Cable connection is loose. I had to tape cables and this thing together in order to get a stable ping. Otherwise 90% packet loss.

I tried several different cables and it was all the same.



I ended up buying a 2-pack of similar couplers/slitter on a sale for the same price from one of Chinese stuff sites. They do work. RJ45 Coupler F-F Straight

As far as couplers go, this one did the task I needed it for. A simple connection, yes. But without the coupler I was left without an option for connecting the cables together. This coupler did exactly as advertised, it did indeed connect the cables together. No tape, screws or other methods were needed to keep my cables together. Great product, I recommend this product to anyone in need of connecting cables together.

I saw a lot of reviews about this before I bought this about how wires don't snap into place in the ports and how it's cheap and breaks easily. As for the first problem, if wires don't snap into place it's because the wire has a problem, not the coupler. As for being fragile, it's a cheap little coupler. It's not invincible, so it should be kept in a corner away from foot traffic or anything that could damage it. It worked great extending my Ethernet cord. I felt as though it was a bit too expensive, but I'm arguing over a few dimes. It's great.

I looked all around for this part and the local stores wanted close to $10 for it and other sites wanted about that much in shipping. I am not sure if it is the seller, Amazon, or the time; but thank you.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information