Sunday 25 September 2011

Sunless Tanning - tanning lotion, sunless tanner


I am a seventeen year old girl concerned with preserving my skin and having a gorgeous tan at the same time. For the passed year I have tried them all, from Saint Tropez to Xen Tan (HORRIBLE!), and none can compare. Let me break down for you why this product is the best.

Color: This is what we all care about the most, and let me tell you the color is the best by far. It is a deep GOLDEN brown colour. No nasty orange in site. It doesn't matter how much you put on, it still manages to look gorgeous and natural. People will ask you how you got so tan. I had people tell me that they felt so pale next to me, and they needed to get a tan. Little did they know it came from a bottle. It just looks amazing, and it is SO deep. It is dark from the get-go, and you can see exactly where your applying it.

Smell: This is the best SMELLING tanner by far, as well. It has a delicious, sweet, cherry smell to it. You will actually look forward to putting it on, because the smell is that good. Unlike most tanners, it isn't overpowering either. When the tan develops the DHA smell is practically non existant as well.

Consistency and Application: This one goes on thicker then most, and I have happily found that to be why it looks so STREAK FREE and covers up blemishes. I noticed with St Tropez it was so thin and runny that I had tons of streaks (not to mention the terrible old lady perfume smell and fake looking colour). This one is streak free if applied correctly, and it greatly reduces the look of freckles, and other marks on the body. I have some freckles on my arms and when I put it on they blend together with the thick, rich colour. Application should be done in circular motions and fairly quickly. If you use your hands like me, wash thoroughly throughout the application, it can stain fast.

Fade: Okay, this is where I deduct a few points. This product has a decent/fair fade, once you get used to it. But, for such a dark tan, you need to make the sacrifice for a little bit of a patchy-ness after a few days. If you apply it in a light coat, it will fade very evenly, but for the darker colour if you apply quite a bit, the fade may get a little tricky. If you learn to recognize the signs that it's fading poorly (ie.; cracks around the bend of the arm; patchiness on hands and feet) jump right in the shower and scrub til it's evened out, and then reapply. The beauty of this stuff is that you get dark straight away, you don't have to worry about building it up too much, so even if you have to scrub much of it away, in the morning your perfect tan will be perfectly in tact.

This got a little long but, I thought I'd give people an honest review of what I know to be the best, because I have tried them ALL, and let me tell you, none can compare. I'm trying to save ya'll some money. And not only does this stuff save your skin from getting wrinkly and old from tanning in the beds/sun, it gives you and even BETTER colour than if you were in the beds/sun. People will swear you have some Mediterranean in you. So while everyone else bakes in the sun and ruins their skin this summer, prance around with this stuff, knowing your colour is more amazing and your skin is too. Sun Laboratories Ultra Dark Self Tanning Lotion 8 fl oz.

I bought this product a few days ago and was a little scared at first. I read a lot of reviews and watched a lot of videos on this stuff. I also read some reviews that said they would not recommend the ultra dark for light skin. I am very faired skinned myself and was very nervous to try this. Let me say this stuff is awesome! I look like I have been tanning for months! The application is a little tricky the first time but, I think that was just because I was scared at first. The second time I applied this I used more and moved faster that seems to work best. Do no keep rubbing the same area move quickly or the lotion kind of clumps but I noticed once it dries you can sort of brush away the clumps. Just try to rub it in as fast as possible. I also noticed that it stained my hands but they aren't really orangey just brown, I took an older tooth brush and scrubbed the color off my hands which worked pretty well, I would recommend gloves or wash your hands a couple times while applying this. The smell is not bad at all at first it reminds me of a cherry tootsie pop and then when it dries it smells a little like a self tanner but nothing over whelming, the smell can be covered with perfume or once you shower. I noticed a lot washes off but it makes it easier to apply after the shower because you can get back to a dark golden brown but even after the shower you look sun kissed and not splotchy at all. Again I have only had this for a few days so I am still sort of testing but so far I am definitely buying more of this, my boyfriend loves it and says it is totally natural looking, if he did not know I bought this he would think I went tanning. I highly recommend this even for fair skin, do not be intimidated at first and when applying just remember it is trial and error. If you do however notice you missed spots jump in the shower and just rinse yourself with water do not scrub yourself and then re-apply the lotion. I noticed i missed a part of my arm so I jumped in the shower and rinsed off making the tan a little lighter which made it easier to blend. I highly recommend this even for fair skin. Again this product is AWESOME! - Sunless Tanning - Tanning Lotion - Self-tanner - Sunless Tanner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information