Sunday 25 September 2011

Cables To Go - monitor cable, monitor cables


After deciding to hook up my 19" LCD TV/monitor to my desktop tower, I went looking for a VGA cable with the attached audio. Had I bought from Best Buy I could have plunked down $25-30. This cable works and can't be beat for the money. Recommended. RiteAV - SVGA Monitor Cable with 3.5mm Audio - 6 ft.

I bought this cable to replace my old VGA cable on my 720p TV, so I could use the old one to connect another monitor in my office. The old one had worked fine, but I wanted a cable that combined audio and video in one, so I could more tidily connect my computer to my TV. However, when I got this cable, I couldn't get it to use an HD resolution on my TV, it would max out at 1024x768. When I emailed the company, they told me that SVGA cables max at 1024x768. It doesn't say this anywhere in the description. It was too inexpensive to send back, and it's useless for trying to watch any HD content from my computer on my TV. Again, my old VGA cable worked perfectly, so I've gone back to that.



Update: So when I originally emailed Eforcity, I was rebuffed by a person who didn't seem to really understand technical things, so I just counted this cable as a loss. However, when I posted my negative review, they quickly emailed me and said they were sending me another one free of charge, because they believed it was defective. I added a star to my review since they at least were willing to try to correct the situation. When that cable finally arrived however, it didn't work either. It had the exact same problem, plus video artifacts. When I originally purchased this cable, the price was closer to $10 as well, so at this point I think I'm just out the $10. They wanted me to change my review after I got the new product, so here's the change.



Anyway, there's a slight chance this could just be an oddity between my particular tv and computer setup, since other people haven't seemed to have this problem. However, since I went out to a store and bought another cable that works perfectly, I think this cable is just shoddy.



To all the people calling me names and accusing me of not knowing what I'm talking about, I'm a visual effects artist. That means I'm constantly working with computers, video, etc. and I know a lot about this type of stuff. To the guy rambling about how 1024 x 768 makes a decent second monitor, no it doesn't, especially on a widscreen tv where I'm trying to check a shot on a big screen in the right aspect ratio. 1024 x 768 is not a 16:9 aspect ratio, and I lose half my screen real estate that way.

Works well .. no issues with the cable so far. Video and audio quality are decent .. can't complain. The finishing of the cable might leave something lacking .. it doesn't feel or look like a polished product., but if you want that I'm sure you can find better looking cables for a few bucks more.

I bought this cable specifically because the technical details said it had a '24 inch distance between VGA and 3.5mm connectors'. That is not true. It has about a 12-13 inch distance and therefore does not reach when I plug the VGA into one side of my laptop with the mini audio on the other.

This VGA cable is working fine and continues to be in working condition since I bought it a month ago. The 3.5mm stereo connectors extend beyond the listed reach of the cable itself so you can connect a laptop to a TV for audio and video pretty easily.



One thing to note is that this cable is not triply-shielded, as the thickness might lead you to believe.

We used this cable to connect our laptop (Sony Vaio laptop) to our TV (40" Sony Bravia) and it works great! I had to play around with the laptop settings (under display in the control panel) in order to maximize the resolution (this depends on how good your video card is) and mirror it (so the same thing shows up on both screens). I also found that having the cable plugged in on both ends first, before switching sources on the TV, works best (common sense, I know). Great product!

This is a great cable, however after i received it I realized that my audio port is on the opposite side of my netbook as my video port. I got the ICables To Go 13787 3.5 mm Male/Female Stereo Audio Extension Cable (6 Feet, Black) extension cable (6ft was over kill but it has other uses too). Plugs right into my HiDef TV and I can watch hulu videos on a 40" screen instead of my 10.1" screen.

I bought this so I could watch videos and play World of Warcraft on my TV. I connected it from my Dell netbook to my Sceptre HDTV. The sound and video were both perfect.

For best quality you'll want to have the TV as the only monitor (for the simple reason that your computer works faster that way).You can change this in your graphic display settings on your computer.

It was overall epic and I recommend this to anyone looking for a high quality VGA cable. - Vga Cable - Computer Cables - Monitor Cables - Monitor Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information